Prius does more enviromental damage than Hummer

sarN

Apr 1, 2007
HAH! loved reading that. I will never own a hybrid, I'll be sharing this one with my friends

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:cool:
All that love and they didn't even talk about battery disposal.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It sounds to me like the Prius and Toyota are contributing more to global warming than they are preventing.

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
BSWIFT said:
It sounds to me like the Prius and Toyota are contributing more to global warming than they are preventing.

Your forgetting one thing. Global warming doesn't exist. :)

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Wow I would have never expected this in a million years...

Clamps

Apr 3, 2007
http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=16201&st=0

That's crazy, it is the Cadillac of hybrids though. On a side not, I found a crazy thread from a Prius forum about people drag racing those things, and delusional owners who said they beat sportbikes, Vipers, and 302 Mustangs, copy paste the title, it'll boggle you're mind :bang:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Uh oh,now they are gonna tell us that they are only gonna make hybrids! Canada does not have clean air acts? Straight up comparison and the hummer is only slightly higher to operate,not compared to expected lifetime.60 months,I would put a 100 thousand long before that,then what? When has anything to do with batteries been a good idea,these bozos should be on something else! And if sudbury is that bad,they should move there!

wr200rider

Jun 21, 2006
I hate those stupid priuses. You can get a much less worthless looking car that gets almost the same millage for much less money. I was laughin the day I saw a guy flyin down the freeway weeving in an out of traffic and flashing his highbeams at people in his prius.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Uh oh,now they are gonna tell us that they are only gonna make hybrids! Canada does not have clean air acts?

Funny you say that, I was just thinking about this the other day. The Canadian government seems like they are slowly leaning us onto Hybrids and Small cars. With the purchase of a new SUV you have to now pay a $4 000 fee.. I don't know the details surrounding this. A couple other facts I'll post tomorrow. . .

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
You Made My Day!!! :laugh: I can't tell you how much fun I'm gonna have tomorrow with this! :rotfl: Great Post.

Ken

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
A laughable comparison at best, how did they base the Prius expected lifetime at 100,000 and the Hummers at 300,000 miles? my guess other wise the numbers don't work to back up the idiocy of his statements. Given that Toyota supplies an 8 year warranty on the Hybrid battery I'm guessing they expect a far greater expected life than 100,000 miles. I'm sure the author also has a loud pipes save lives sticker on the bumper of his SUV. My parents purchased the Camry hybrid which I borrowed to take to the Indy SX, sure nice to cruise in a luxury car at Interstate speeds and average 45 mpg :cool:

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
those people are delusional!

a sport bike!
a viper!
a mustang!

how much cocaine do you think they had in the car?

that's pretty delusional.

our 98' Taurus with a bad motor mount (well, my dad's, and we're selling it for scrap, almost 200,000 miles on it) could smoke one of those!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002

Haven't heard anything about any surcharge on purchasing an SUV, there is however a $2000 Provincial tax rebate along with a $2000 federal tax rebate on the purchase of any new Hybrid vehicle. You will save $4000 in taxes purchasing a new Hybrid in Canada since the last Federal budget came down a few weeks ago.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
That thread (what I read of it) was pretty funny. Being the proud owner os a base model delSol, I can assure you that 106hp doesn't exactly pull hard. And any Viper owner would have to be pretty stupid to street race it. Sounds like a lot of Michael Moore style propaganda. Beating a crotch racket through first gear? All that takes is bad clutch work. Since I didn't read the whole thing, have any of these guys actually tried racing at a drag strip? And what's with the goal of racing an Element? :laugh:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006

I heard it on the Radio when I was in Saskatchewan a week ago. Maybe it was Saskatchewan only, but my parents were talking about it a couple days ago so I'm not really sure. If I find anything on the net about it I'll be sure to post it.

ecy063

Sep 15, 2005
I just performed a battery replacement on a Prius. Out the door with ECU reflash and a tune-up $4,800. Mileage had gone down to 32 mpg with new batteries back to 48 mpg. 105k on the odometer.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
The article didn't even mention the problem with disposal of all those toxic batterys. :coocoo:

Same thing with making everyone change from regular light bulbs to fluorescent light bulbs. Fluorescent bulbs contain mercury, a toxic substance. It is already illegal here in Kommunist Kalifornia to dispose of them in your trash. But yet they are pushing everyone to use them. :bang:

Our nut-case liberal law makers in Kalifornia are already drafting new laws to punish and charge people more for driving SUV's and pick-up trucks and even mini-vans.

It's not about global warming or global cooling. It's about global control. :nod:

Ol'89r
"Save the planet, plant an environmentalist".

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Ol'89r said:
Our nut-case liberal law makers in Kalifornia are already drafting new laws to punish and charge people more for driving SUV's and pick-up trucks and even mini-vans.

Ol'89r
"Save the planet, plant an environmentalist".

And what are the families with 3-4 kids going to drive? What are the large people going to drive? I don't fit comfortably in anything but a pick up truck or SUV. It's a good thing I don't live in California. :ohmy:

btw, nice quote. lol. :rotfl:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…