Pro Circuit Nature Friendly SA Muffler anygood?

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
I have this muffler but never had an FMF turbine core 2 so I never responded when you first posted. From what I hear, the pro circuit has a little better build quality but again this is hearsay. I don't think you're going to notice a performace difference between either one.

cr250pierce

Aug 25, 2004
I just put one on and it works fine. I have the fmf also and i dont notice any difference in power, but the PC one is about 2 inches shorter so it doesnt extend past the numberplate which makes it look nice. I notice no difference in performance between the two.

J.Gordon

Jul 26, 2004
If your in california and race any events beware of sound levels. Mine pivots from 94 to 97 decibels. I didn't know about PC 296 silencer at the time. Other than that I like the bark that it puts out

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
My experience is going from an fmf powercore to a pc spark arrestor. The spark arrestor actually quieted the bike down considerably with neglible difference in power. I have had good experience with the pro circuit spark arrestor (this is my second one), and also with the FMF turbine core sa. I would lean a little stronger toward the pc. I liked the endcap and sound damping better.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I think the pro circut pipe is pretty good... However it's my first spark arrestor... I had an FMF shorty on it before, and the shorty is'nt even all that much snappier, than the PC pipe... I get through tech fine every time...

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have owned both. I prefer the Pro Circuit. The inside of the fmf shows some very poor quality controll. It looks like it was welded by child slave labor. Some of the sections were very weak . The mounting was another story. Lets just say that this is how I learned FMF stands for "Fit Mother----er Fit!""

Pro Circuit builds a much higher quality system. I did not notice a giant noise reduction on my YZ 250, but the silencer fits and keeps me from getting tickets. It is also quite easy to repack.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
LOL!

We had a weld fail on my buddy's RMX250 FMF powercore mounting bracket and we were saying the same thing (we are both welders) about the weld quality on the weld that failed.

Top Bottom