desertfox

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 12, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with these clamps? Some guy in Oregon is selling new ones on ebay and the prices seem ok. I am thinking about useing them on a 00 CR250 with Renthal Fat Bars.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Two friends and myself all use the Pro Taper top clamps and have experienced no problems. Not really much to go wrong with on triple clamps, especially if you are keeping the stock rake. Mine has two mounting positions for the bars and work well.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How far forward can you get them from stock positioning Lorin?
Oh shoot! I forgot about your jetting specs! :eek: I'll get them to you tonight.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
There are two mounting holes for the top clamps that are about one inch apart. I havent compared the mounting holes to the stock clamp (I dont have it), but I run mine in the position closest to me. I know that Pro Taper was discounting many of the last few years models. Two of my friends were able to pick up clamps for around $75 each. The newer, regularly priced clamps come with a little different mounting bracket for the front number plate, hence the discounted models. Nice price for decent clamps.

desertfox

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 12, 2002
Thanks Lorin for the info. Anyone have experience on the alum. framed Hondas going from the rubber mounts to rigid, vibration,feel etc. ?

Top Bottom