Jun 4, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I am buying an 04 Honda CRF100, but my mom doesn't want me getting one. She thinks they're too dangerous. She thought the same thing about paintballing too, but she was the one driving us to the paintball field cause she realized that it wasn't really dangerous as she had thought. She thinks that I am going to get hurt driving it. All I am going to be doing is driving in trails and such. Can anyone help me think of anything to say to my mom?

Thanks.

shooter114

Feb 23, 2008
give her a cup of cement :P and tell her to harden up-jks. If you are new to riding and dont have any riding gear then you should get her to look into a riding course so you can learn how to ride properly, most ppl stuff themselves up by not knowing how to ride and go to hard to fast before they can handle the bike. Otherwise maybe get your dad/uncle to take you out riding so she knows you'll be safe-anywaz thats my .02c

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Were you really born in '79? Damn! If you want a bike that bad then move your sorry ass out of the house, support yourself and buy your own. You want a dirtbike and I am willing to bet Mom wants a more responsible son. :bang:

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Green Horn said:
Were you really born in '79? Damn! If you want a bike that bad then move your sorry ass out of the house, support yourself and buy your own. You want a dirtbike and I am willing to bet Mom wants a more responsible son. :bang:

he most likely said he was born in '79 because he's is probably a teen, and lie about his age to stay away from internet perves, and sickos.

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
yes...
sneaky.gif

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey now, I know Greenhorn and he is one of those Internet sickos! :)

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Get a job and prove to mom how bad you want it. Show responsibility and she will be so enthralled with this new son of hers she will probably give in. I bought my own bikes just by working at a ranch shoveling horse manure after school/sports practices and my parents said that since I had made the money myself they would allow me to spend it on whatever I wanted. Keep in mind I was 13 years old when I did this. The way I saw it was that it was better than spending it on drugs like a lot of kids I knew....

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
RM85rider123 said:
he most likely said he was born in '79 because he's is probably a teen, and lie about his age to stay away from internet perves, and sickos.
Yeah, kids don't provide false information to avoid sickos and perves, they do it because there are laws preventing adults for acquiring personal information about children without first obtaining parenta permission (COPA), and they don't want to ask their parents for permission to sign up for internet forums. It's just easier to lie.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Get the proper gear, join an MX club if you can. Ride legally only. Get her involved in the sport, volunteering at club functions. Show her that YOU can ride safely and that YOU are a mature, responsible young man.

You can always encourage your mom to visit the womans forum and talk to other moms. I'm sure a few of the ladies can put your moms fears to rest.

Good luck and don't give up if you enjoy the sport.

Steve.

I'm 40 and bought my first bike at 12 years old with my own money.

Jun 4, 2008
snb73 said:
Get the proper gear, join an MX club if you can. Ride legally only. Get her involved in the sport, volunteering at club functions. Show her that YOU can ride safely and that YOU are a mature, responsible young man.

You can always encourage your mom to visit the womans forum and talk to other moms. I'm sure a few of the ladies can put your moms fears to rest.

Good luck and don't give up if you enjoy the sport.

Steve.

I'm 40 and bought my first bike at 12 years old with my own money.

This would be my first bike, and I offered to take a lesson. I would be buying it with my money also.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Hey there Shooting_Rubber,

Where in Canada are you from? Somewhere in BC perhaps?

So really, how old are you? It's ok, you can be honest, around here you are judged by what you say and how respectful you are of all the old coots around here ( *cough cough* Indy mx) :nener: You are not judged by your age, in fact , I think we need a few more respectful well spoken teens here to help give us a better name and reputation.
:nod:

So, relax and be honest, there aren't too many pervs around here.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
250girl said:
Hey there Shooting_Rubber,

Where in Canada are you from? Somewhere in BC perhaps?

So really, how old are you? It's ok, you can be honest, around here you are judged by what you say and how respectful you are of all the old coots around here ( *cough cough* Indy mx) :nener: You are not judged by your age, in fact , I think we need a few more respectful well spoken teens here to help give us a better name and reputation.
:nod:

So, relax and be honest, there aren't too many pervs around here.

HEY! I resemble that remark!

May 10, 2007
yea with what everyone else said. assure her you will always wear safety (did i spell that wrong? for some reason my brain isnt working and it doesnt look right) gear. also i dont know if its too late for you but you can make a deal like you will ace all your finals or get a 4.0 next year at school.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
I just showed up at home with mine. My mom wasn't too impressed but by then she couldn't do anything about it. I don't advise doing it this way but sometimes you need to take certain measures haha.
Whereabouts in BC are you from 250 girl?

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Actually, the only place I have ever ridden is up bastion mountain, over Shushwap lake. I generally just ride around where I live because I have acess to trails just 2 minutes up the road from me. I also don't go anywhere else simply because I ride alone on a bike that is too big for me, combine that with being alone on trails I don't know, and It could go badly.

So where do you ride, do race mx? If you want you can PM me, because I think the mods are going to get mad if we keep chatting in this thread. :whoa:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom