bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
Guys,

I'm sorry for posting this question here, but this is the only area I can post! When I try to post to other DRN forums I get the "you need to register before posting" screen/message. I also get this when trying to private message someone, or ask a moderator a question. Does anyone know what I need to do to remedy the situation?

I've already registered, and in fact these "error" screens show me as being logged in with my userid (bmonnig). I've looked for someone to contact, but I can't find anything. If anyone can help me (or maybe a moderator get this to the appropriate person), I'd *certainly* appreciate it. Thanks!

Brandon

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Brandon, not sure why you can't post anywhere else. You can't PM anyone as you're not a subscriber ($12 per year) or sponsor ($39 or so per year) - one of the features that did get chopped when the subscription thing came up. That may be the same reason you can't email a moderator. Basically, if you want the goodies you've got to pay the price. If you don't like it, put up with the limited features you have, it's not as though you're missing out on reading posts. I really don't understand why this is the only forum you can post to though, that one seems strange to me.
Hope that helps some.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
At the same time it says you need to register, it allows you to login. At least it did last time I saw it. It will come up with that message each time you try to access a thread if you aren't logged in to start with.

So login!

You DO have cookies set in your browser? If you do, this board will remember you next time you come here and you won't have to login again...if your CP is set to remember you.

Or...you can login at the 'front end' of the forums...dirtrider.net and from that point on you should be good to go for any forum.

methinks.

As michelle said, PMing, emailing and such isn't happening nowadays for registered users.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Go to "your cp" and look for a check the box area called "browse with cookies", check yes and see what happens. Are you using multiple computers, eg one at home and one at work? Could be limitations on the work computer. If this doesn't work, try logging in from the main menu and or contact Canadian Dave and see if he can check your account for errors. Good luck.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Moose, Dave (I don't think) will be able to do that. It will have to be one of the Admin team.

E-mail Okiwan at [email protected]

or

Thump at thump@dirtrider,net

They ougt to be able to square away the mess your in.

Good Luck,

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
That's the default config (use cookies), so I'd guess it hasn't changed...more likely his computer that's changed. Hence, we're back at the 'login' idea, 'eh?

...maybe some turkey leg virus got into his PC.......;)

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
Well, I don't know what the problem is. I double checked my cookie settings in "your cp", and they're set "on". I then tried to post to another board, and got this message:

"DRN Forum Message
Either you do not have permission to access this portion of the site (or feature) or ... You need to register / be a member to view the forums. Click the link below "Want to register" to join. "Freebie" Email Accounts such as Hotmail & Yahoo Can NOT be used to register, sorry. You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page/function. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You do not have permission to access the page/function that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: bmonnig [logout]

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page. Forgotten your password?
"

As you can see, it was aknowledging the fact that I was already logged in, and *not* giving me a login prompt. :(

FWIW, regardless, I feel it'll be well worth $12/year to be a paying subscriber to DRN. I'll probably upgrade from there, but I can at least fork over the $12 to subscribe. Where do I do that?

Thanks!
Brandon

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom