Whats up with the search function???

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
I try to use it and ALL I get is a page that says this "DRN Forum Message
You need to register / be a member to view the forums. Click the link below "Want to register" to join. "Freebie" Email Accounts such as Hotmail & Yahoo Can NOT be used to register, sorry. You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: owenlo [logout]

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page. Forgotten your password?"

Hope someone can help. I am a registered user etc, etc... Just wont let me SEARCH!!!!!!!

Obie#8 ;)

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Ya, Obie - same here. Not only that, I can't access the Who's Online page, can't send PM, and can't open a profile, and can't check 'Last 24 Hours Posts'. I first noticed some of this about a week ago, been getting worse last couple days. :(

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Basically need to pay to play.

Guess it had to come to that.

So...when the 15,000th thread is started, like, 'How do I contact ron black?' ....you won't be able to say, 'Use the search function and find out!'

So much for 'earning' an avatar!

...like that wasn't a joke to start with..........

See you on the boards!!!

...if paypal ever decides to remember who I am!! :(

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
that's like sayin i'm locking the rest room and selling keys or you can go in the bushes folks?does this mean one step closer to total pay to play?what are the super deals offered?i'de search but....i can't and not sure i care to.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Guy's,

I understand the frustration. BUT , if you really enjoy what you get out of DRN, why not contribute? It doesn't hurt a bit. I have only been on here since April of this year and decided to become a Lstm this month, a STM in June.

I guess it all go's to wanting something for nothing. I don't think of DRN that way and I hope you guy's don't either :|

Phillip

Last edited:

owenlo

Oct 28, 2001
I think DRN is a GREAT site and The 12.00 didn't really bother me a bit, I paid it last night. But figure this, First there are SPONSORS on the left who are sopposed to be supportive of the site. Second there are 20,000 members of DRN, if only 25% of those become support team members that is 60,000 dollars a year. Not too bad of an income to "support a website"!!! Why didn't I think of that???
I paid my whopping 12 dollars, but not for the site, or to put some money in peoples pockets , but I paid for the info I gain on this site. To me the info is priceless. And if the info on this site is at risk I will do my part to stop it. I hope others see it the same way. My .02 cents

Obie#8 ;)

P.S. I bet you REALLY start seeing the words "That topic has already been covered to death, use the search function and you will find several threads on it"

Last edited:

Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
FWIW, up until yesterday the search function worked fine for me and I've used it quite frequently since I found this website back in August. For this reason, I can't help but think something is wrong w/ the site. Hope it's back to normal soon. Great webpage.

Last edited:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by owenlo
...there are 20,000 members of DRN, if only 25% of those become support team members that is 60,000 dollars a year. Not too bad of an income to "support a website"!!!

Unfortuanetly, only 1% of all the people who sign up and use the information and bandwith become a STM.

The issue is that the site owner cant afford to support the site and pay the charges alone. Disabling a few features to save bandwith and cost is a small price to have the site available.

To those who are upset that they cant use the search function or use the last 24 hour thread, there are many other ways to use the site if you cant or dont want to support. The basic function of the boards is still there.

These comments are not directed toward anyone in particular, I just used owenlo's post for the text.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Sue me for double posting...but:

Along with the 'subscription required' info should have been a CHOICE of subscribing OR becoming a Support Team Member.
***edit**
I think it's been changed. It's very clear now. Wasn't yesterday. Maybe I hadn't had enough coffee, yet!! Or...I'm just an idiot. ;)
***edit***

I didn't realize the differences between the two until AFTER I became a 'member'. Had I known from the gitgo, I would have become a STMember instead.

THEN I could post all my cool photos.........

...wait...I don't HAVE any cool photos!!!...... ;) WAIT...I can not post the photos I don't have for the $12/year!!!!

I am so happy!!:)

Last edited:

Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
Sorry guy's but when I do the math somebody is making a pile of money if they get there way. This is a good site and the info is priceless but the web is a big place and if I don't get it here I'll get it some place else. I've sent in pictures never get posted, pretty much been ignored by the powers that be, not worth 12 bucks american to me specially with the exchange. Just my 2 cents. I'm with you Gooby. May be you should charge more for advertising on this site.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I don't know where you did your math at but it evens out when you think about the cost of opperating a server, hosting Dirt Week, renting the area for "DW", getting hats, fender stickers, patches and stuff made up. On top of that, providing the drive, initiative, and conviction to watch over, protect and keep this place running.

Total STM's:84 that equates to $6,636.00

Total LSTM's: 131 that equates to $14279.00

Total Supporters: 27 that equates to $324.00.

Total $ that is contributed? $21,239.00

I have to remind all those that would speculate: The LTM's pay it only one time. STM's pay it yearly as do subscribing members. It's nice to cry about it but Okie only gets a one time payment from those like myself. PERIOD, so you might as well drop that from the equasion. Because we have paid and don't have to worry about it. I'm sorry but the figures are way off.....Okie and family are spending out of pocket just to keep this place open, if you enjoy it please contribute.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
forget it ,i deleted what was originally here.i seem to not be getting my point across.i still would like to know if the logos at the left are for looks or support the site,i did not see them factored in IrishEKU's post?as far as dirtweek,stickers,hats etc ,let the people that go or want that stuff pay for it

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I'm sorry that this post has made you angry, but, it isn't a matter about how many "Post's" you have made or who you have ridden with....What matters is; What you feel about this site

And what you want from this site.

I think Okie is perfectly justified in limeting things due to cost. If members like yourself insist on content that the site can't and won't afford......Pay for it if you want it!

If not, I'm sorry accept it.......

Top Bottom