longtime

Oct 7, 1999
i'm on the mailing list for some of the nat'l forests in colo, b/c i wrote a letter once at the rquest of some fellow riders out there. i've received a letter from the distrcit ranger to the effect that they are considering closing forest development trail 1135, a/k/a the arapaho ridge trail, to motorized use, in order to make it a horseback-only trail. i've never been there, so i don't know if this is something we care about or not. anybody who knows that trail care to shed some light?

------------------
KTM200,250

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
I have not been there either, but I am certainly not for closing it down just for horse use.

------------------
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

CAB

Nov 18, 1999
I don't know that specific trail either, but after five different trips to Colo. to ride, my experience has been that everything in the state is worth fighting to keep. Which forest is the trail located in and do you have a contact?

------------------

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
LT,
Do you have any more info on this?
All I can find is where they want to burn more of the forest down.:eek:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i think i originally posted this, but somehow it got morphed into longtime when drn switched over--i guess all lawyers look alike! they are taking public comments thru 5/29/01. address is melissa martin, project leader, trail 1135 eis, at 2468 jackson street, laramie, wyoming 82070, or phone (307)745-2371. additional info can be downloaded from the website of the medecine bow--routt national forests, thunder basin national grassland, located at www.fs.fed.us/mrnf. this info is per letter from charles t. oliver, district ranger.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Dead Link

Lawman,
That url does not work.
I recall corresponding with Melissa before.
No wonder, I was looking for info in Colorado directories.
Thanks,

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Uh... I think we got two L/longT/time(s) now. The original (nothing like the original) is uppercase L&T, which is probably how (case sensitive naming) the same name with lower case l/t got through.

Top Bottom