burnone

Jan 1, 2006
Purchasing a new dirt bike in OK. I actually live in Texas.

Anyone know if I will end up paying TX sales tax when getting the bike titled in TX?

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
when I bought a MX bike in ILL,I never paid tax in Indiana because I never titled it. But I would have paid if it was an enduro bike cause it would have to be licensed in Indiana,ya know a title transfer is then needed. BING uncle sam is there with his hand out..... :bang:

Hope this helps..

Crazy

stevet

Jan 11, 2005
at least here in california, my understanding is if you license it....you pay the tax. thats why you really have to make sure you are getting a good deal if purchasing an out of state bike you plan to register...we have the green sticker/red sticker issue out here...so if you want to ride at public off road riding area, you gotta have the sticker..

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
Actually, you will pay the sales tax to the dealer when you purchase it (he will forward this to his state oklahoma to prove he is collecting since he is a business). Then in texas, you will show proof that you paid this sales tax out of state and receive credit for that ammount and if the sales tax is higher in texas, then you will pay the difference to the state of texas. The title fees will still apply of course. Remember to bring your bill of sale w/ you to the Texas office. Do not allow Oklahoma to charge you titleing fees, only the sales tax.

good luck.

Petra

(p.s. I used to work for the county (nueces, harris) for 8 years doing the registration thing.

Top Bottom