EBOD

Nov 1, 2001
GM now offers the "Quadrasteer" package on its 1500HD pickups. Aside from the price (which is steep), what do you guys think of the Quadrasteer?

I'd use the truck as a daily driver in Los Angeles (i.e., lots of tight parking lots and spots). Other than my bikes, I don't really haul or tow heavy loads.

Also, I'd want to put bigger tires on the truck (not huge 33"+, rather something like 285/75 15's or 16's). Does anyone know how big you can go with the Quadrasteer without rubbing?

Finally, any driving impressions would be greatly appreciated.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
The quad steer is similar to what the Army has been using for years on it's Memett's and Hett trailers(All 10 sets of 4 tires turn) and it works. GM is just offering it publicly. The system is good for cutting down on turning radius and great for parking when you get used to it. Being part of the drive trai it will be warrenteed so no problems there, but being new technology available to the average joe and under differn't conditions I belive there will be some growing pangs but nothing to be concerned about. If you have the $ and inclination, buy one and post a report. If not, hold off and wait a year or so till all the bugs are worked out.

My .02
Phillip

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
It`s basically like a monster trucks steering only the rear wheels don`t turn as sharp as the front. Honda used it on the Prelude in the late 80`s early 90`s. I got a chance to ride in one let me tell you it felt like a forklift when you turned.

Steve

Top Bottom