Question about Moose Reed Spacer?

BigKYZ

Jan 12, 2006
I bought a reed spacer for my 2000 YZ125 and was wondering if I should take out the factory Yamaha spacer or combine the two?

It also has very brief instructions: Place the spacer between the reed block and the cylinder. I may sound stupid because this is the first dirtbike I have ever owned or ridden for that matter. Just put it between the reed block and the front of the bike. Not quite sure of all the technical jargon yet.

One last thing, I keep hearing about the HIT of a 2-stroke, but I really can't feel where it hits. It runs real smoothe and hard, but there is no point where it feels like it "hits". Maybe I jut don't feel it, or maybe it's becaue I weigh 195lbs and this poor bike is having a hard time lugging my heavy ass all over the place. Then again I never went WOT in first or second gear, just third - fifth. Is the hit only noticable in the first few gears? From the impression I got from friends who ride, this thing should be able to pick up the front wheel with ease, is this true?

Sorry for the long post, just trying to learn my stuff.

Stuff bought that has to go on the bike, keep in mind this is mainly a woods/trails bike (I know this isn't the best bike for that):

SFB Racing 9oz FWW
Sunstar 48T Z Sprocket (Rear)
Sunstar 12T Front Sprocket
Moose Torque Spacer
All Black UFO Plastics

Any help would be greatly appreciated, BigKYZ

BigKYZ

Jan 12, 2006
Does the gasket go on first or right after the spacer?

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

On this site under 2000 YZ125 INTAKE does the spacer go between 6 and 1, or between 1 and whatever it bolts on to? And where would the gasket go?

Sorry I'm so dumb with this stuff, but your help will make me more proficient with my dirtbike.

-BigKYZ-

Last edited:

BigKYZ

Jan 12, 2006
Any help would be great!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

I would really like to do this before I go riding in the next few weeks.

THANKS, BigKYZ

Top Bottom