JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Hi Guys and/or girls, I was poking around looking for info on these bikes and came across the GasGasUK site. Here there are setup suggestions for most GasGas machines.

What I am wondering is what is up with the suggestion of 4" of static sag? That would make for a very "nose high" ride, I would think :think: There are also some "different" suggestions with regards to recommended oils, etc (such as "do not use Silkolene").

Whats the opinion of actual riders? Are these ligit suggestions?

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
I couldn't find anyplace they stated "Static sag" but I'm sure they're talking "Race sag". The way I set mine up is 4" race sag and if I have close to 1" static sag then the spring I have is about right for my weight.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
"Note: gas Gas Enduro bikes perform best with loads of sag on the rear end. Don't set up the bike with the normal 90 - 100 mm of sag rule. We smply work on about 4 inches of sag at the back end when the bike is off the stand."

4" of sag with bike off the stand is intended to be static sag, not race sag. Picture what your bike would look like with 4" of static sag, instead of the 1" you suggested KDXfile :eek:

The only thing that I can figure is as everybody raves about the "quick turning" is that this is as a result of steep steering angle and also results in "tank slappers". All that sag would rake the front out considerably.

gasgas01

Mar 17, 2002
I set my sag at 4" with me sitting on the bike with all my gear on and the bike on the ground with my feet on the pegs, you will need help to measure the sag. So far the bike is great. I know gasgas is not sending owner manuals with new bikes because they dont have them.I know the tranny oil is for 10w30 at 1000.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
use spectro oil in the tranny, your bike will thank you for it. Make sure you keep it changed often also, the RH powervalve recess is the transmission breather, so some spooge will run down into your tranny oil and make it appear dirty. The previous owner of mine had poor maintenance manners and I'm paying for it :(

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
Hi Jeff,
The spectro that you speak of is 80W...

Related to static sag on the gasgas uk - the only thing that I could figure on this was that my euro spec ec came with a 5.6 kg spring - way stiff - if you weigh 170#, the static sag would almost equal the race sag...

BTW - with the linkage ratio on the gasgas being very progressive - it's best to set it up with 105-110mm of race sag instead of the standard 4" (100mm)

The other jeff...

Top Bottom