Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I got two questions about plastics. One is what is the purpose of the piece that wraps around your handle bar pad that is attached to the front number plate?

http://www.dirtrider.net/teamdrn/showphoto.php?photo=4590&size=big&papass=&sort=1&thecat=

It doest hold the number plate at all and it does do much for the bar pad either as both are held on by themselves.

Also on CR's, what is the hole for on the shifter side radiator shroud tward the middle of the bike? The upper shock bolt and upper subframe bolt are behind it by why the hole in the plastic? It's not something that you need to access without taking the plastice off.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
I think the wrap around plastic on the number plate is so that the brake line doesn't get caught behind the number plate when the forks are moving up and down. I had this problem on an 84 CR250 - the brake line found its way behind one time and got kind a small permanent kink in it that made it get caught behind the number plate soon after starting to ride. The wrap around piece on my new bike is very helpful in that regard.

Not sure about the hole in the shroud you are referring to.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by n8MX
I think the wrap around plastic on the number plate is so that the brake line doesn't get caught behind the number plate when the forks are moving up and down.
correctamundo :thumb:

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by JonB
The hole in the shroud is so you can take out the sub-frame bolt without taking the shroud off.

Yeah but why it that bolt so important that they needed to put a hole in the plastic for it? My kx250 didn't have that. Just seems a little wierd that they would do that for a bolt that is not normally taken out alot.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Originally posted by Faded
It's there so you can pull the subframe/carb boot off and reseal the airbox every 5hrs... :scream: :|
so true lol! You should see what I did to it now.

Top Bottom