sweetlamb

Apr 15, 2007
Hi, I'm not the rider, my grandson (age 7) is. We bought him a PW80 last year and he has basically been tearing our yard (2 acres) up with it, and he is fearless. We are looking to purchase some land so he can ride there since there is no where around here for him to ride. He just started riding when he got the bike. Should we go to a bigger bike now or wait? We want to build a track on the land, and let him get into competitions, but also should we see about lessons? My husband says that I am nuts and that he doesn't need lessons and that he is fine and he will learn on his own.
Thank you

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well, this is totally cool. I don't ever remember a grandmother posting here in support of a grandchild riding a bike, especially being a non rider. Totally cool and he will hopefully come to better understand and appreciate what you are doing and how fortunate he is!!!

To answer your question is difficult. If he is happy toodling around in circles, let him keep going and having fun. More land is always better than less. My grandson is 6 and just getting interested in riding. He got a bike for Christmas a year ago, but is just now seeing the potential that is sitting there in the garage.

Regarding the size of his bike, again there is no easy answer. A PW80 is a fairly large bike, or would be for my grandson, although he is a big kid. As long as he is not wringing it out at top speed and doing other crazy stuff, it is a great bike for him to learn on.

There is a forum dedicated to the minis here on DRN. I'm sure many Moms and Dads, that hang out there, can give you more help.

Also, fill in you location in your User CP. There may well be a member just around the corner that can let your grandson try a larger bike out. They may also know where some tracks are in your area that have peewee tracks.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
As for lessons.. Oh yeah, great ideal.

You are never too old or experienced to get lessons.. Even the most seasoned pro riders will go to different instructors from time to time to get new perspectives on their riding.

A little guy who is just starting out would definitely benefit from them.

I got some DVD's from Gary Semics. Really good stuff. Helped my riding out alot.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
SWEETLAMB;
More land, build a track, and new bike option! My son wants to know if your looking to adopt. Willing to relocate :nod:

Top Bottom