Quick question on YZ fork compatability

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Hi all.  Got a swap question someone in here might be able to help with.  The KYB 43U forks on my 94 WR (same as 93-95 YZ 250) are shot.  The previous owner ran one of the tubes w/o oil for an unknown period of time :scream:  I've got a line on a set of KYB 46U's from a 98 WR400.  They are in barely used cond and OEM (hot wound) sprung for my weight which is nice.  OK, here's my question(s):

Will these forks fit my steering stem?

If so, will my hub/caliper work with them?

Something's telling me it's full rebuild time :ugg: Hopefully I've got some good news headed my way...

THANKS!!

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Fuzzy: I dont think they will fit the Triple clamps Also the axle size has been increased over the years . I might be parting out a 01 426 (motor to quad convert)pretty soon though Ill keep you posted . Fuzzy, maybe you could just get the tube recoated ? All might work as long as the cartridge and upper tube are not badly seized or scraped and scored up . Note : I am not trying to solicit sale of front end on this post just telling what I know and I have both bikes here right now .

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Cool...THe forks ahve the triple clamps on them. DO you know if the steering stems are the same size? If so then I could run the correct wheel/brake/etc (possibly provided by you) :)

I need to tear this thing apart and see how bad it is...

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Fuzzy: Yeah theyre really ggod but someof that 250 stuff is getting harder to find. Im fixing to get that 426 any time now Ill keep you informed . DEAN

Top Bottom