Quick question on YZ fork compatability

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Hi all.  Got a swap question someone in here might be able to help with.  The KYB 43U forks on my 94 WR (same as 93-95 YZ 250) are shot.  The previous owner ran one of the tubes w/o oil for an unknown period of time :scream:  I've got a line on a set of KYB 46U's from a 98 WR400.  They are in barely used cond and OEM (hot wound) sprung for my weight which is nice.  OK, here's my question(s):

Will these forks fit my steering stem?

If so, will my hub/caliper work with them?

Something's telling me it's full rebuild time :ugg: Hopefully I've got some good news headed my way...

THANKS!!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
They won't bolt in. the upper fork tubes are a larger diameter where they need to sit in the triple clamps. I also believe the axles are bigger. I also believe 96 is when they went big

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Thanks! The forks are still in the clamps. I'm still wondering about the steering stem. If this fits then I could always use a 96-up wheel/brake, right?

Cheers...

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Check the part #s of the steering head bearings for your WR and later model YZs to see if they are the same. Im not sure if the steering stem length would be different.
Rob

Top Bottom