Quitting Smoking

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
Great job all of you!!!!! I peek at this thread every so often thankful for the support YZ165 gets here, it takes a big commitment from everyone on this thread....you all deserve a pat on the back. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! :cool:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Wednesday was 3 weeks and I'm liking it. My wife, she is loving it :laugh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nice job guys!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
This is cool :) It only gets easier now :ride: :ride: :ride:

tclimber01

Jan 30, 2005
Funny I found this

Man what a trip I quit dec 26 th and it hasnt been bad until this last week today has sucked so I came down here to my office looking around and here it was others like me trying to quit reading all the stories some success and some not the one abouth stopping the strong stuff thats been 12 years for me best thing I ever done for me and my family hang in there one and all and just remember if you smoke one now it really isnt going to help we have passed the point of no return we can only press on forward :cool:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
For a number of you it has been a couple of weeks of success. For others, maybe you haven't made it so far. So here is some inspiration for ya. I smoked a pack sometimes a pack and a half for almost 10 years. I had tried to quit before, but it was only a "try". I lasted about 6 days before lighting up. For some time I had though about quitting. Last May 26th right before bedtime, I smoked the last cigarette from the last pack from the last carton I was going to buy. The next day I went to work with a box of toothpicks. It was hard for the first few weeks. But, I'm still smoke free. I still chew toothpicks, but at least its not most of the day, only occasional. At night I work out or keep myself busy in the garage or around the house. Two things really motivated me to quit smoking. Something about smoking for almost 10 years bothered me. Secondly, I wanted to start racing again. So I quit smoking and started racing. I wasn't as successful at the racing as when I was younger, but I had a blast. Its not so bad at 8 months. I did notice about 3 months ago after walking into a smoking break room at work that it really does smell, will bad!

ice_88

Jan 30, 2005
to be honest some people would be shocked at how many peeps smoke and ride dirtbikes i tried it, it made me couch, it tasted like crap and i didn't like it so i never touched one again :cool: , another reason to think about when your trying to quit (other than the smell, bad teeth e.c.t) is that you can never be as phisicly fit when you smoke, making you a worse rider.

Im not saying that everone who smokes and rides is bad (your all probebly better than me :worship: ) but you will never reach your phisical potential if you continue to smoke. Which needless to say would suck :(

:yeehaw:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks for the heads up ice, I've never seen anyone turn into a couch from smoking. Glad I quit. YZ165

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
quit for a year, smoked again for a year and quit again on November 14th 2004 and I think I finally got it kicked this time. I have zero desire to smoke
GOOD LUCK to all that are trying to quit. its hard but the pay off is well worth it.
I actually have money in my pocket now and can afford to buy lunch every day.

ice_88

Jan 30, 2005
YZ165 said:
Thanks for the heads up ice, I've never seen anyone turn into a couch from smoking. Glad I quit. YZ165

ha ha, i dident mean a couch ;)

but hey, that might happen :)

so dont smoke, or peeps will start 'watchin the game' on ya :aj:

:yeehaw:

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
Hey we could use a new couch..... :laugh:

tclimber01

Jan 30, 2005
smoking and racing

I work outside and hard work at that so I figured racing would be no problem 3 times last year I got so weak and dizzy from lack of air I guess I had to stop and 2 times I had to quit in the middle of a 2 hour hare scrambles I know it was the smoking the worse part was watching dudes that work in offices finish the race I couldnt :( I went running a couple of weeks ago last year I could only run a 1/4 mile and would almost pass out this time I went a mile and a 1/2 and only slowed down because my ankles hurt what a difference

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Guys I have to start all over .

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Starting over is better than not starting at all. Never quit quitting. YZ165

ice_88

Jan 30, 2005
i dont smoke, so i dont know actualy how addicting it can be, but maby taking up a new hobby might take your mind of it?
like building model bikes or somthing?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ScottS said:
Guys I have to start all over .

Start over again right NOW!

I "sampled" more than a few along my 20+ years it took me to completely beat the habit, but I laughed last Friday in a bar with a bunch of friends as they discussed smoking and how they always smoke when they go to a bar. I knew totally beat it.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Scott, like YZ said "never quit quitting". I found the second time to be the charm. Second time this go round anyhow. If the pains are tooo bad try the patch. I've heard lots of people say "cold turkey is the only way", but I'll tell ya, I love what the patch has done for me. I give it :cool: :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Scott - most importantly, you won't get any flack from anyone here about having to "quit again" we got your back man, you can do it!!

tclimber01

Jan 30, 2005
Hang in there dude

I have been using the patch its helped me out plus a lot of gum and chewing on straws I figure I have saved about 350$ this last 34 days wow that would make the payments on a new bike :yikes:

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
How is everybody doing? I survived working a week on my lake house with my son-in-law(who smokes) without any slips. Was kinda hard after he left and I was there for a couple days by myself. I think I can make it now!! :yeehaw:

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Its been a while since I posted so I might as well bring you guys up to date, I have been smoke free since the beginning of Nov. I feel like a different person sometimes and I know its very cool too not have my expensive truck and clothes stink like smoke anymore. you all have helped me alot.

Rich

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
A little over 6 weeks here. Lungs feel great and the wifey likes the way I smell now. well, atleast the not like smoke part :yikes:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
VERY COOL!! :cool:
Hows everybody else doing??

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Well - giving up red meat and cigarettes for Lent really helped. I have not even had the urge for a smoke - now a nice thick juicy steak - that's a different story.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…