Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
well into day 6 and still smokefree
I think I can, I think I can.......

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Take a look at my Lame rant in the Flame Board if you think I might still be smoking :)
EVERYTHING is pissing me off these days.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
then your well on your way :cool:

[banner]you can do it boss[/banner]

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
[banner]Nice Job Everyone![/banner]

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
How long has it been for everyone ? I am at 5 days , not sure which way this is going to go ...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Uhhh.........around 50 days I think.......

Nov. 19, 2004 was the last time I sucked a butt.

Good job everyone, keep it up!

YZ165

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
this is my 7th week, I believe at week 10 I am going to buy my self somthing worth the cost of 2-1/2 packs a cigs a day.
lets add that up: 2-1/2 @ $4.25 = $10.63 a day x 70 days
$750 bucks :) maybe a new scotts stabilzer and a set of ASV levers :cool:

good luck

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
ScottS said:
How long has it been for everyone ? I am at 5 days , not sure which way this is going to go ...

It's going to go fine. You are very close to being there, don't let go now! :cool:

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
ironworker said:
this is my 9th week, I believe at week 10 I am going to buy my self somthing worth the cost of 2-1/2 packs a cigs a day.
lets add that up: 2-1/2 @ $4.25 = $10.63 a day x 70 days
$750 bucks :) maybe a new scotts stabilzer and a set of ASV levers :cool:

good luck

Darn I should have smoked more ! I am looking at $4.00/day , or only $280. Does put things in perspective though, I shoudl have several $k more dineros to blow on bike stuff.

Now for the Starbucks addiction ......
By the way I am doing ok, some cravings but I think it is more mental than physical. I am cleaning my office to occupy my mind. :yeehaw:
But I need support !

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
listen to rooster, your over the hump, actually i heard that day 11 is the worst day and is the day when most people go back. if you need support try talking to your family or your friends here on DRN

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Day 11- wow this is only day 6 and it is tough.

Thanks for the support , I will be leaning on you guys.

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
stay away from who ever is smoking at all cost, get some damn nicorette gum, the patch, or what ever you can find.
I actually bought them all, when I came out of the drug store I actually spent around $170.00 because I didn't know which one of those things would help me, maybe the gum maybe the patch maybe both.

Just keep your mind busy, the patch comes with a CD you play and it helps you quit smoking.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
The thing that worked for me on long drives was too keep my windows rolled up and listen too different music, or a different station.. Try spraying some fabreeze down into your ac and heater vents, carpeting and headliner..

Anything you guys need, let me know.. This is do able :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
MXSparx said:
was that also the last time you smoked?? :nener:

I figured some jackass would say something like that. Nice job Sparks, you win! Where should I send the cookie? :moon:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
It was so easy, I kinda felt guity for doing it. But I'll get over it. You can have the cookie, I'm trying to keep my weight down. Thanks anyway. :cool:

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Those stories of folks starting back after a few years scare me. I quit June 15, 2003. So far, so good. And, the wife still smokes. That was the hardest part.

I would highly recommend all of you recent quit-ees keep some patches and/or gum VERY handy for at least 6 months. After my first month, it was pretty easy. But out of the middle of nowhere, I would have these lunatic fits where I would run through the house emptying drawers looking for smokes stashed somewhere. I would notice myself in a mirror and the crazed, bloodshot, rolling eyes tipped me off... I'm about to loose it. The patches were the only thing that kept me on the wagon. My last "fit" was almost to the day on the 6 month anniversary.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks for the heads up Monk. Congrats on quitting.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
The "fits" are really wild. I had a nic fit the other night. I can't pin it on anything, I wasn't exposed to smoke, I didn't see anyone smoking in a movie, just out of the blue, I wanted to smoke. Strange. Oh well, I just had a snack and got over it.

Feb 20, 2004
my dads trying to quit and he is hiding it from mom and she would flip out if she found out soooo he has been sneakin em at work sooo i told him every time i see you do it I am gonna punch you. so far it has worked...... well he is still smoking but it makes me feel better. but im really trying to get him to quit

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
He won't be succesful until HE is ready to quit.
All the times I had tried in past but failed were because others wanted me to stop. It wasn't because I wanted to. This time I want to for myself, not to make those around me happy. It's been much easier this time and I trulely believe it is because of my WANTING to quit. Making those around me happy is just a bonus.
We can do whatever we want no matter how difficult the struggle. We are all capable of being victoriuos. We just have to want it.
I'm done...........back to our regularly scheduled programming!

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Well I quit 4 years ago. Started smoking again this last summer. So here we go again. Not to hard if you really want to quit. My worst times are in the morning when I get up and after I eat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom