ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Day 7, doin OK- but really want one , just doing without right now.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Keep it up Scott, you and everyone else can do it. :cool:

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
ScottS said:
Day 7, doin OK- but really want one , just doing without right now.

See man you probably would have never thought you could have made it 7 days. keep up the good work

Richard

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Hang tough, it is the best thing you can do for yourself.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
this thread seems to be slowing down? That's either good or not so good. I'm a few hours away from the 2 week mark, thanks to everyone participating in this thread. I couldn't have made it this far without you DRN'ers.
Hows everyone else doing? Still smokefree I hope! Feel free to post your times here, to give us newbies something to aim for :cool:
Thanks again to everyone involved, I'm really starting to feel great and I think the worst of times has past!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
god knows I'm already tipping the scales towards the overly large side. :rotfl:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
MXSparx said:
god knows I'm already tipping the scales towards the overly large side. :rotfl:
Now with healthy lungs, can take up cycling or something fun.. I took up SPIN, its helped my riding ALOT!! More endurance.. :laugh:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Still going strong, hope everyone else is too!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm still here Sparx, and still smoke free. I feel pretty good, can't wait for spring to get here so I can see how much easier it is to wrestle my bike again.

Congrats to all that have made it, any of you that didn't, the advise has been given before, never quit quitting!!

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
Scotts, I haven't seen your post in a few days how are you holding up? even if you cheated its ok just throw away those smokes and start over man.

Plykins, great job man! congrats on quitting smoking, its a tough thing to do but alot of people have done it, keep up the good work.

Mxsparks, I hjave noticed the thread was slowing down too so its up to you and others how have recently stopped smoking to help keep it alive.
I will continue to post here and show my support like so many others helped me.

Oh and BTW, I am still smoke free after 8 or 9 weeks now, funny I have forgotten how many days its been, I actually rarley think about smoking anymore but when I do its painfull.

this thread is 22 pages long now, how many people actually have quit using the DRN stop smoking post your pain plan?

Richard

windfall

Trials Paddler
May 1, 2003
Congrats to all who are making it. :cool:

Just want to warn everyone so they can be prepared:
My dad quit in the fall about 10 yrs ago, his absolute worst cravings came six months later when he was out working in the garage. Every time he tried to take a break, he wanted a smoke. :yikes:

Forewarned is Forearmed, just be prepared for it.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I hear you windfall. My dad quit about 24 years ago, he still to this day has cravings every now and then. Freaky stuff.

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
I quit back around 1981 when I was 21, kept getting sore throats, quit, no more sore throats - go figure. Never really got over a pack a day but to this day when someone lights up a Marlboro regular with Zippo I start twitchin, people kinda freak out when they notice me standin there in a sorta nirvana state!! good luck all. :cool:

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
I have had some weak moments- been traveling , drove from Cleveland to raleigh to W/S to Greenville SC, on to asheville tomorrow then home.

I'll be OK just need to stay out of the car.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Congrats to all that have made it. :cool: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

For those that are still trying, don't give up. It's worth the effort.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
ScottS said:
I have had some weak moments- been traveling , drove from Cleveland to raleigh to W/S to Greenville SC, on to asheville tomorrow then home.

I'll be OK just need to stay out of the car.

That's always my biggest challenge. Sometimes I can resist, sometimes I can't. I'm not a regular smoker, just one of those "now & then" types. I can go a few weeks, then something happens (road trip or night out with friends) and I start up again. Never more than 2 or 3 smokes a day. Dirtweek and the Reno ride, believe it or not, are my biggest smoking weeks. I just got off a 2 month stretch without. And then I bought a pack for no real reason the other day.

A few years ago, zia & I started smoking like 2 packs a week together. That snuck up on us. Quitting that streak was the hardest ever. And I wasn't able to do it cold turkey. Had a lot of setbacks. But ever since, I've been able to "quit" pretty easily. You real smokers who are quitting here are amazing.

Drinking beer is almost impossible to do without a smoke in hand. So I've been trying to not drink lately. Thinking I'll try to do Reno without a single drink. Now THAT will be hard.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
zio said:
Drinking beer is almost impossible to do without a smoke in hand. So I've been trying to not drink lately.

Fortunately for me, I've always been able to enjoy a beer or two (or 10) without a butt in my mouth! :rotfl:

Hang in there guys! Congrats to all who have kicked the habit.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Who all is still smoke free?

It's been about three months for me. I feel gooooooooood!

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
I don't know how I managed it but I quit smoking approx Nov 10th and I am still smoke free !

Yes I still have the urge to put one of those nasty things in my mouth once or so a day but the urge is nothing like it was when I first quit.

Here are the things I have noticed since I quit:

1. I can breath better
2. I don't get winded as quick
3. I can ride twice as long as I did just 2 months ago
4. My car don't stink !!!!!
5. My clothes don't stink.
6. It wasn't as hard to quit as my mind told me it was gonna be.

Good Luck everyone, stay smoke free and you will forever be glad you did.

Richard

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'm a couple weeks behind Rooster, but still here. :aj:

Good job to all who are quiting.

YZ165

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
Sweet,

I have smoked consistently since I was 14, I'm 42 now. Averaging a pack a day from 20yrs on till the day I got back into dirt biking.
I tried a friends CR250 and almost made it around the track once.
I literally laid the bike down and gasped for air. I couldn't get my lungs to fill with air and I knew I was in trouble. Although I’m in decent physical shape (not fat) I haven’t needed my lungs for much more than climbing a set of stairs since the kids were born 14 glorious years ago.
I couldn't fight the urge to smoke and continued smoking for another week as I really enjoyed smoking. I made a deal with my lovely wife that I would quit smoking if she would let me get a dirt bike. She of coarse agreed BUT with a stipulation. "If I took one single drag the dirt bike goes up for sale" I said deal.
The day I bought back into dirt bikes, June 14 2004, the day I quit smoking “FOR GOOD”.

I’ve got some buds that smoke and it doesn’t bother me in the least. I actually like the smell of it burning and have zero desire to pick it up for a puff.

I feel great and look better, my teeth are whiter and I can smell things again. (that is not always a good thing).
But the most important things are my long term health and I’m back into dirt bike (my true passion) after 27yrs of marriage, real estate and children…

Bless you all….

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom