YZabian
May 4, 2004
Still going strong thanks to the support of everyone here! :cool:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Still smoke free. I still have the urge every now and then. It's tough sometimes, but all worth it.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Very cool :cool:
After i quit, i noticed when i ride, i dont fade as fast, dont breath as heavy.. They toild me that after a few days of quitting, your lungs start too rebuild themselves, after a few yearsm, ive noticed thati dont gasp sometimes like i was..

But back too the topic, I wish you all continued success..
Rick

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I suck. End of story.

Very cool for everyone that made it!!! I bow before theeeeeeee.

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
YZ165 said:
Still going strong thanks to the support of everyone here! :cool:

Again Matt your family gives your props!!!

The rest of you, we wish you the best of luck...its worth the effort, others appreciate it everyday you make it!!! :cool:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
rickyd said:
When and if you two are ready too quit, i'm here too help..

Me too. Anything I can do to help out, just let me know. YZ165

MY KDX 220 R

Feb 9, 2005
Sunday 2 wks ago I had to have the 911 folks over for a visit, my mother-in-law who lives with us had to be rushed to the emergency room with advanced ??????????????? -- emphysema.
She now has to be connected to an oxygen generator semi permanent, besides the enormous expense and the suffering she has had to endure, it has taken its toll on the rest of the family who are looking on.
I managed to quit Jan' 05 on a new years resolution without all the add on's.
When my wife witnessed her mothers suffering she quit the next day, with the aid of the add on's.
Till today she is smoke free and so am I, The main reason for success in this field is the correct motivation, like being at the bottom of a steep hill climb, you can see and imagine the obstacles --
Go for it, and if not the first time, make some changes to the point of attack and go AGAIN.

Good luck, the power of the mind is an incredible thing!!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. But glad to hear you both quit. YZ165

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Sorry about your Mother-inlaw, hope it all works out..

As for the patches or nicoret gum, i look at it like this, you know when you have your suspension revalved for your riding style, you dont really need it too ride, but it sure makes it a whole lot easier..
Rick

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Go mark miles and miles of trail in the heat of the TX summer. That's what got my dad to quit ;)

tclimber01

Jan 30, 2005
What a difference

man what a difference its made the first 2 races this year I ran full out for 2 hours and wasnt tired at all last year had to quit in the middle of two of them it will be 3 months on the 26 th it didnt make me faster but I can breath

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I gave up the smokes for lent - haven't had (or wanted) one since Mardi Gras. :)

Hopefully this will carry on after Easter gets here.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I've watched this thread for weeks now. I've been envious of those of you who have quit and succeeded. I've been smoking for 13 yrs and tried quitting once before. There are so many reasons why I'm tired of being a smoker and I keep reminding myself of them every minute of the day. TODAY is the day for me to say enough.

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Way to go Chris! I had smoked for over 35 years. Now I have been smoke free since Jan.1. Used my last nicotine patch last Friday,so now I am totally nicotine free. If I can do it ,you can too. If you need any help, I am just up the road in Belton. Good luck guy!
Perry

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Good for you Green Horn. Let us know if you need anything. Matt

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Thanks guys. Today is only the first day, but I'm looking forward to counting them all. It was a rewarding moment just to post in this thread because I really did want to be one of "you". :) I'm on the patch right now, and I'm more worried about the physical addiction I've had more than the mental side. I'll keep everyone posted, as I want to succeed. Just brainstorming but I wonder if Okie would be interested in setting up an "ex smoker" forum or something? A DRN support group for those of us who are working on breaking the habit. Just a thought...

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Way to go Green Horn.

The benefits and rewards of not smoking are pretty much countless.

We are here if you need us.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom