aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
ScottS said:
Still doing Ok after 3 days,

Good deal! That's exactly how it's done. One day at a time. :cool:

sodflyer

Jun 30, 2004
Ok...Im in too....started smoking at 16, im 35 now......no many years. Tomorrow is Day one for me!!! The wife quit a month ago and still going strong so if she can I can too!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Good for you sodflyer! :aj:

Still hanging in there ScottS?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I just got done reading most of the fourteen pages. Great willpower to all of you, it's the best "hop up" you can do for yourself!

Okie? You fell off the radar for the last few pages?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Fourteen? You just posted on page 41....... :ohmy:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats Sodflyer, continued success, Hope it goes well for you and the Mrs Sod :cool:

Mar 11, 2005
Good luck... you have my support also. As a former smoker, I can say to you that my life changed a lot. As some folks have said, food taste better, you ridding performance(and sexual as well...) become better, without mentioning what is going to do with your bank account (save the money that you spend smoking and do something nice once in a couple of years...)
Good luck!

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Things already smell better that's for sure, sleeping better too.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Glad to hear it Scott!:aj:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats to everyone's progress! I haven't been online as much and I haven't checked this thread out in months so I am surprised to see it's so big.

I've had a few relapses--bumming smokes from friends while out drinking--but I haven't bought a pack in 2 months or more, and even the last relapse was several weeks ago. I do feel much better. No more relapses for me. I only have one friend who smokes in my new town so that will be easier ... and I don't hang out with her too much.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I always try to discourage smoking, because I think it's better to die a slow, but healthy, decrepitating (homespun word :cool: ) death from degenerative joint disease, kyphoscoliosis, fractured hips, deep venous thromboses, you know....instead of the quicker 'tumor eroding into the brain thing'. As they say, the 'golden years'...from 65-85, until you die because you're just too damn old to live anymore.

Yeah, I realize I'm sick...but it's damn funny

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
nephron said:
until you die because you're just too damn old to live anymore

I've always said you start dying the minute you are born and you stop dying the minute you are dead. Feel free to quote me ... :coocoo:

Oh yea, as an x smoker, the best thing you can do is drop the habit.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
i've been spending too much time in Japan ... where it seems everyone i work with smokes. So while i have been here i have been smoking much more than i like. For some reason it is easy for me not to smoke when i am in the USA - maybe it's the crowd i am with.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Way to go, Sparx! I'm right behind ya. :)

Kelvin,

Do what you can to try and get rid of the habit for good. Read back over this magnificent thread and try and become more motivated. I feel for ya, and I'm sure you're not happy because of the smoking. Only a smoker (past and present) fully understands the nature of this evil beast. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
I'm pulling for you as well Kelvin, it's a difficult thing, but you can get through it. Matt

Great job MXSparx!

Oh yea, on the 19th of this month it'll be 10 months! :aj:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
great job MXSparx...I've got to be honest, the first time I met you at dirtweek, my impression was "here's a guy that's REALLY into smoking, and will probably never quit". I felt bad about it, several of my relatives have died early, but didn't see it as my place to preach to you (or maybe I did preach and forgot already). Anyway, nice going, same to all the other "quitters" out there.

Okie where are you? Now's as good of a time as any, you've got a rather large "support group" to cheer you on/keep you honest here in a few weeks at DW!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Very cool Everybody, Kelvin, when your ready, your ready, i can be around a room of smokers and have no cravings..

FWIW, this past week i stayed at a reosrt at DisneyLand, they put us in a room that the people before had smoked in, yikes!! LOL I could tell by walking down the hallway which room had smokers n LOL Also, didn't have too search out the designated smoking areas at teh park either :cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I quit smoking 20 years ago (cold turkey). I ate ju-jubes (or whatever those chewy candies are called) to get through it. Gained a lot of weight. :yikes:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hows everybody hangin in there?? I was at the doctors office tonight and saw the ad for the AMerican Lung Association that helped me out..
Rick

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
holeshot said:
I quit smoking 20 years ago (cold turkey). I ate ju-jubes (or whatever those chewy candies are called) to get through it. Gained a lot of weight. :yikes:

172 when i quit ..................194 :yikes: now lol :rotfl:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Tomorrow night at 10:30 PM will be exactly .5 yrs of no smoking. :yeehaw: 6 mos. mark was a big one for me. I think I deserve to buy me something nice with the money I've saved. :)

Once again, thanks to all in this thread that gave me the motivation to succeed. My family, friends and YOU really did make a difference for me. :worship:

Top Bottom