kevkon

Sponsoring Member
Feb 20, 2001
Does anyone out there have first hand experience with the Edelbrock Qwiksilver pumper carb for 4-strokes? I know they are available for YZFs and XRs . The carb has some interesting features and I was just curious if anyone has tried it out on their 4-stroke.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
There was a thread about it on the old board, but I can't find it now, it must have gotten lost in the transition. I think the consensus was that it was just snake oil for our purposes.

klx352

Aug 12, 2000
Been there

I had one on my klx for appx. 3000mi This carb started well. Had good top end. Good MPG. BUT dont get it near water .The slide would hang for the next 5 to 10 miles {not much fun} The only cure was to add more return spring or get a fcr carb {go with the fcr}

kevkon

Sponsoring Member
Feb 20, 2001
That is interesting to hear, I actually thought it might be better than the Keihin FCR pumper because it looked to be constructed better. I didn't even know qwiksilver made an off-road pumper carb until I happened across it on their website.
Thanks for the info.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
We've tested the Quicksilver - it's by the same guy who designed and built the Lectron carbs. It's basically an updated Lectron design with a few frills thrown in.

After testing the FCR and EVERYTHING else on quads and bikes from a Yamaha Warrior (quad), to the XR400 and beyond, I can say there's nothing better than the FCR -- if it's set up correctly!

The flat-slide pumpers are a great step towards near-perfect throttle response and acceleration for most four strokes. All other aftermarket carbs just aren't in the same league.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom