ram1

Dec 12, 2002
I'm considering trying Sunoco Turbo Blue race fuel in my 03 CR 250. I've been using VP 50% with super unleaded pump gas @ 40:1 with Silkolene Pro Comp. The bike runs great, but I can get Sunoco Blue a lot cheaper. Will it hurt my engine to run the race fuel straight (not cut)? You guys who run race fuel, what brand do you use?

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
I run straight TORCO 110 w/ TORCO GP-7 synthetic oil(32:1).  I have been using this for three years now and am very happy with performance.  I have taken apart two top ends this winter and no carbon build up or gummy exhaust valves.  Of the bikes that I have, two have been modified to run race fuel i.e ported and head/cylinder mods.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I didn't know Sunoco made Turbo Blue.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I've never heard of Sunoco Turbo Blue either?? I run Sunoco GT Plus unleaded uncut. When you mix a race fuel with pump gas your final product is unknown. Find something w/ a low initial boiling point and low evaporative rates and stick with it. C12 is a good fuel as well.
Good luck.

stan921

Dec 7, 2001
Using any race fuel will not hurt the motor, but you will probably have to re-jet. Race gas burns slower than pump gas which is why you have to re-jet.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
use of an oxegenated fuel<race gas or not> can hurt the engine if the bike was jetted for non oxegenated fuel. Race gas does not burn slower than pump gas some fuels are being blended to actually burn quicker for large bore cylinders. Race gas is a blanket statement there are many different blends,some work better in certain scenerios than others.

ram1

Dec 12, 2002
I could be wrong about Sunoco making Turbo Blue, I know they did years ago, because we used it in stock cars, but maybe somebody else took it over? Thanks for the help, I think I'll stick to the race fuel. I just read somewhere that their going to put another additive in pump gas starting in March. Probably not a motor healthy additive!

Top Bottom