pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
From the little info i have found on them they are supposed to make the suspension more tunable. I have though about revalving my forks but then i read very possitive messages about the gold valves. As they are half the price of a revavle i wonder what they do, can i archive the same results with the gold valves as if i send my forks for revavle?

What does a revavle do vs the gold vavles?

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Depends.

Gold Valves do well for the do it yourselfer. They will help the suspension for the most part and improve your knowledge of how the suspension works internally.

IMO if you are on a quest for understanding and learning plus getting your suspension better to fit your riding style then try the Gold Valve set up. If you are just trying to save a $$$dollar and just want to pop something in and go ride then I suggest spending the extra 75-100 dollars and let a real tuner do the job.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Its more that i want to learn and be able to to setup the suspension the way i want it. I mean i may like a revavle but sooner or later i will want to change it as my skills develops. I dont think i can just throw in the goldvavle on a spesific setting and it will be as good as a revalve but rather after much testing archiving as good result as a revavle.

How should i say. Now i can change the suspension settings pretty little on the forks, i hardly feel the change i do on the clickers, atleast comp. With the gold vavle will i be able to set it softer than i would ever want it or harder than i ever want?

So the question is if i can get the same results with the gold vavle kit as i can get with a revavle.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
The Race Tech gold valve system will give you a starting point on the first revalve. Depending on your weight and ability, you will be given a valving spec on the chart provided. From there it's all up to you and how much time you want to spend on valving and testing. If you want a stiffer low or high speed valving? Then move too the right on the chart, move to the left for a softer setting. There are many valving combinations to choose from and extra shims are in the kit as is a video to help get you started. This is all for the base valves only, as the mid valves need to be removed. Some don't like the idea of the mid valves being removed. I have tested the gold valve kits in many bikes, I for one don't miss the mid valve one bit. 

Last edited:

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Sounds good. As i said suspension is not my strong part. Is it only the valve on the top that is changed so i can change settings only taking off the cap and pull it out? Either way i think i will get a kit as soon as possible. Im the rare kind that rather spend countless of hard hours making something that i can buy.

Whats the downside with the gold valves?

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
The only downside of the Gold Valves is you potentially screwing something up when you do the work. Other than that, they are a good product.

I have a set in my '01 380sx and Gold Valves did wonders for the bike. I am running RT's standard 2-stage stack for MX, my size and skill(+30 expert). I also run the spring rate that RT's search engine suggested.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
cp380 do you have the fork kit or shock kit?

I'm thiking of getting the shock kit aswell cause the shipping is around $40 wether i order one or two kits. Im not unhappy with the shock at the moment but maybe it can be even better.

pirate

May 18, 2003
i would have someone do the shock, there is nitrogen gas in the resevoir, and you will have to get it re-pressurized,( or so i think)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom