Radiator guards for '03 200 EXC

cliwar

Jun 18, 2004
I have just purchased an '03 200 EXC to replace my XR400. My first ride was in a local Hare Scramble where I managed to bend both the radiators! Fortunately, they straightened out without two much trouble and don't leak.

Naturally, I am now looking at getting some guards to protect them in the future, but many that I have looked at on the web appear to be pretty flimsy. Can anyone advise me on how effective any of these guards are, and which would they recommend?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
yeah i bent my radiator also on my 450 exc and luckily it bent back with a little help from a hammer. i bought some enduro engineering braces and they are awsome. my bike fell over oneday off the kickstand and nothing happened so i am super happy. enduro engineering make good quality stuff i would buy those. good choice on the bike by the way. :cool:

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I had the works conection ones on my rm and they worked good. I just got a pair of devols for my sx and they seem real strong and cover the front to, have not tested them yet though.

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
yeah the devols look the strongest but if you plan on getting muddy they cake up and youll plug your radiators. thats why i didnt go with those. probably really good for mx

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
if you are concerned about mud build-up the EE braces mount the the back of the radiators, so that isn't a problem. I have been running them for about a year now and have had good results.

cliwar

Jun 18, 2004
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I have ordered a set of Devols from Dennis Kirk on the basis that they look the strongest and seem to one of the most popular guards in use. All I need to do now is learn not to crash so often.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Flatland Racing guards are better than the Devols. High quality, install easy, great protection, etc.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I went to the Flatland Racing site and looked at their guards plus the installation instructions. Not knocking the Flatland product at all but they don't look much different then the Devols nor is the installation much different. ???????

They are both probably good products.

PTGeezer

Jul 18, 2004
I don't know about mud (what is that stuff?), but out here in the SoCal desert the Devol guards semed to make the bike run hotter. My next set will be the EE's.

cliwar

Jun 18, 2004
I have the Devols fitted now. Spent three hours riding in hot and dusty conditions at the weekend, no problems so far. Unusually, I didn't crash, so not able to comment on degree of protection offered.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Did they go on in a straightforward manner or take some tweaking? That and great protection are the big reasons KTM'ers like the Flatland Racing ones. The new KTM Hard Parts ones look good, too, but they're so new I haven't heard many reports on them.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I've had Devol one bike and Flatland on three. I was happy with Devol but chose to use Flatland since Mike(pwner) is a fellow racer. Niether one had had trouble with mud packing up.

Top Bottom