FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
I watched a video of me riding at the practice track and im full on the gas in the straights, jumping well, and on the brakes good too. I need to learn how to lean the bike into a turn with confidence, and speed. I saw a VPE sponsored rider whipping his 125 left and right thru turns in a matter of seconds. He would brake for 1 second and then just lean the bike over while sitting nearly vertical on the bike, going 35 mph thru a turn i make at 15. How does he follow the rut, not lowside and get the bike up so fast and ready for the following straight?

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I'm slow as hell and probably not the person to even comment on this but I believe they use the front brake to help stay in a rut and also help steer the bike out of a corner.

Randy KX125

Sep 6, 2000
Bingo. I learned at Gary Semics School to use the front brake to keep your front wheel in the rut if it starts to climb out. Also, use the rear brake simultaniously with the throttle to CONTROL the bike. This will help keep your front end from washing out :)

Too many people use the brakes independently of the throttle...one on, the other on off. You have to learn to use them at the SAME time.

Good Luck!

Randy KX125

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
I got my new tire today and i am going a gear higher thru all the turns now. Its awesome being able to go so much faster and lean the bike over standing up without having to worry about tippin. Im using the power to slide the bike thru and when theres a guy to pass im going outside to inside at the apex to outside out and that allows me to cut off riders and get thru with less time spent, the only prob is that i cant clear jumps with this technique. The benefit is that neither can the guy behind me.

Top Bottom