Buddy

Aug 14, 2001
I'm thinking of purchasing a 18-22ft. Ramp trailer for the 3-5 bikes we tow on our utility trailer now. They look so cool out there with all the fixins for the wife and kids- nice place to stowe my toys too. I;m towiing with a GMC Sieera 1500HD 6.0 liter.
Any comments or experience you have would be helpful.
Tx,
B:think

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
If you are referring to the toybox/camping trailers my advice is do it. We bought one just before DW01 and we love it. Going down had 3 bikes in it plus assorted gear. Once there we were set up in just a few minutes after getting the bikes out. We had moved up to it from a popup and my wife was in heaven in the new one. We got a 22' sportster made by KZ. it has the front bed which folds out just like a pop ups bed and in the rear where the toys travel 2 couchs fold down then convert into one huge bed.
We even strted taking it to races in late sept and oct just to haul the bikes and then have a warm dry place to go between motos.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I just looked at the very same model trailer 2 days ago. It is fairly light weight for that type, and the 22 footer seems to give you the little extra room the 18 footer lacked. are the 55 gallons of fresh water and the 32 gallon holding tanks sufficient for a weekend outing for 4 people? What do you tow it with? I have a new 2002 Toyota Tundra and it is rated to pull 7200 pounds, so the Coyote sportster sounds perfect for me.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Penguin, there are 3 of us in it on outings and we have no trouble weekending it with the tanks. We try to use the outside shower at races (justql has the pics to show) thus saving on the gray tank. Not standing under constant stream of water (rinse, lather, then rinse) can save lots of water. The black tank at 32 gals will last along time unless you've been eating Twin Spars chili.:scream:
We liked the light weight altho not crucial to us as I pull it with a ford F250SD powerstroke diesel.
I built a bike bar with double layer of 2x4 that sit on top the wheelwells and hook into the 3 tiedowns with turnbuckles. Then I put eyebolts on the 2x4s to tie the bikes down and it is possible to easily haul 4 bikes with no movement.
As I said before we love the trailer and wish we had gone with one sooner

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
oldguy, where can a person get info on those? my wife said that i could get one when i sold the rent house, possibly this summer.

trailhonda

Oct 22, 2001
my dad just bought a 24' toy hauler made by carson trailers and it is so much better then sleeping out in tents in the freezing weather.its 55 gallon water tank can last 4 of us at least 3 days camping .its great on hauling the bikes my dad uses a chevy silverado 1500 hd and it doesnt seem to be that bad of the drive.i think there geat if you like to go camping a lot

Buddy

Aug 14, 2001
Toy Hauler

Thank you all for the input.
I'm familiar with the Carson trailer- they are sold here in Concord Ca.Look well made and fit and finish are good. I'll check out the Sporster 22C. Oldguy do have a cost?
Whens the rain gonna stop?:(

Top Bottom