funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I for one am sick of all the press saying that RC was an underdog this season in sx.

this from racerx,

Not to beat a dead horse, but as everyone knows, Team Makita Suzuki’s Ricky Carmichael was not supposed to win the 2005 THQ AMA Supercross Championship. Switching teams and not having raced supercross for one full year, RC was the obvious underdog against the defending champion, Chad Reed, and even against rookie James “Bubba” Stewart.

and just about everything I've read says something similar, Sure I thought Reed would win it, and everyone knew that Bubba would be fast, but you can't call the guy that just had a perfect outdoor season an underdog it just doesn't make sense.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
He was never an underdog in my book. Now CR, he might qualify for that title. ;)

Last edited:

pace

Nov 21, 2003
At practice in 'Vegas, RC was following Stewart about a half straightaway back. Every time Bubba came past us, everyone rubbernecked to follow him 'round the track, and not a single head turned back to watch RC come down the same section. I was really disappointed in the apparent lack of respect shown to what is, as you say one of the greatest riders ever.

Slightly OT, but another thing that bummed me out was the folks in our section cheering Chad to catch Kevin (cool) and then hooting and heckling when Kevin went down (not cool). Some so-called fans really lack class.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
haha... Anyone who believed RC was an under-dog is a fool... And I'd watch bubba too... He is much more likely than RC to do something crazy/stupid in practice!

- B

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
YamaB said:
haha... Anyone who believed RC was an under-dog is a fool... And I'd watch bubba too... He is much more likely than RC to do something crazy/stupid in practice!

- B
i would watch bubba also for the fact that he may do something totally unpredictable while trying to win practice. such as loop out instead of endo or break his left arm instead of right or sprain his thumb before the first turn.......which im sure if he doesnt take first in the first couple nats. that his thumb will be a lingering hinderance and be taped up. everyone will say yeah, all that speed AND hes not even 100% :ahhh:

pace

Nov 21, 2003
Well, he did pull a quad in practice that nobody else managed - that was certainly worth watching. The 'Vegas crash was in his heat race, however.

super rat said:
12 titles goofball, not much else to say really.
Yep, I wish I 'sucked' that bad. ;)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Let's Look at this from a purely championship approach. Just like the superbowl, world series, etc. teams are measured by championships won.

RC
97-05: 15 # 1 plates in 9yrs.

MC

91-00: 10 # 1 plates in 9 yrs.

Hannah

76-79: 6 # 1 plates in 4 yrs.

Stanton

89-92: 6 # 1 plates in 4 yrs.

Johnson
84-88: 5 # 1 plates in 5 yrs.

Ward
85-87: 4 # 1 plates in 4 yrs.

Bubba
02-04: 4 # 1 plates in 3 yrs.

Henry
93-98: 4 # 1 plates in 5 yrs.

Reed
02-04: 2 # 1 plates in 2 yrs.

K-Dub
96: 1 # 1 plate

This is only 125 and 250 rides combined and counting started with the first title. So I would say by the evidence respect (weather you like him or not) should start with the accomplishments of the rider. If you there for your favorite and refuse to give respect to ALL of the riders out there then maybe you should stick with WWF. :moon:

And yes Okie I know that Bubba will probably surpass RC's records before it is said and done, but he hasn't done it yet. :fft:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Philip said:
. . . I would say by the evidence respect should start with the accomplishments of the rider. If you there for your favorite and refuse to give respect to ALL of the riders out there then maybe you should stick with WWF. :moon:
so now we have to be a certain type of fan? Just because someone wins I have to give respect?

No.

I'll be the kind of fan I want to be. I don't like leprechauns.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Philip said:
And yes Okie I know that Bubba will probably surpass RC's records before it is said and done, but he hasn't done it yet. :fft:

It's my prediction that Bubba will not surpass RCs 13+ national titles.

I am also close to predicting he won't surpass the overall wins either, but not ready to commit on that one yet.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
:laugh:

Attachments

• RC charm2.jpg
    RC charm2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 67

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
:laugh: :laugh: :rotfl:

Pred you don't have to like anyone you don't want nor be a certain type of fan. I was just pointing to the mentality of some fans. :nener:

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Ever one of you inept goofball dirt biking clowns would be kissing his butt if you ever met the little bugger face to face, I'm sure.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
super rat said:
Ever one of you inept goofball dirt biking clowns would be kissing his butt if you ever met the little bugger face to face, I'm sure.
Only if I thought he'd take me to the pot of gold.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
super rat said:
wouldn't that be butt to face?

sycophantic sewer rat anyway . . .

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
super rat said:
And yet you don't deny the inept goofball dirt biking clown part, interesting, XR boy.
no, I am quit an adept goofball dirt biking clown, mr. sewer rat sir.

KX_Ken

May 17, 2004
XRpredator said:
so now we have to be a certain type of fan? Just because someone wins I have to give respect?

No.

I'll be the kind of fan I want to be. I don't like leprechauns.

Dont have to like anybody. I sure don't like Buckwheat :p but if the kid wins a 250 title you have to give him some respect as a rider.

Top Bottom