john3_16

May 17, 2004
nephron said:
"Hey, I don't like you, so I'm gonna make fun of how you look." :coocoo: We've got "Jiff" Ramsey, Buckwheat....how 'bout another black/****** comparison? Keep 'em coming you brilliant guys, you. :| This is exciting, bein' all 2nd grade 'n stuff.

Personally, I think he looks like McCauley Culkin.. ;)

Oh brother.....Don't we get enough of that mantra from Jesse Jackson ?

Last edited by a moderator:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:think:

Attachments

• Tyler 229.bmp
    65.1 KB · Views: 77

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
pace said:
You're taking this too seriously. I was only disputing the assertion of red hair, freckles, and the name Carmichael indicating Irish origins. It's not worth arguing about - if you go read about his name you'll figure it out.

I NEVER said it was 100%, I said "good indicators." The only reason we are arguing is that you insist on splitting hairs (pun intended).

I am not disputing the fact that the Carmichael name started in Scotland, but you are ignoring the fact that some of the Carmichaels transplanted to Ireland (beginning in the 1600s) and became Irish people. My mothers family was also part of this miration. I was agreeing with you that we do not know for sure whether his people came off the boat from Scotland or Ireland after you made an issue of it, but you can't seem to let it go.

So if you would read a little history, you would find that the Scots emigrated to the land that would BECOME Scotland, FROM IRELAND, somewhere in the 5th century. The Scots formed Scotland in the 10th century and had pretty much assimilated or killed the vast majority of Scotland's "native" people by then. The Carmichael name (according to your link) came about in the thirteenth century. SO regardless of the fact that the Carmichael name was created in Scotland, it is almost definite that the people who took the name were descendents (full or partial) of the Irish "Scots" who immigrated to the land 800 years prior and formed Scotland 300 years prior. The Irish Scots are Celtic of course. So technically (since you want to be so technical) I could be correct about his Irish ancestry even if a Carmichael never set foot in Ireland (but there are many Carmichaels in Ireland.)

I think you are the one taking it too seriously. Did you know all of this about the Carmichael name beforehand or did you google it just to argue with me?? Besides, if it's not worth arguing about, then why did you start it?? :nener:

Have a nice day :)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Doesn't surprise me that you didn't see the sarcasm.

James--I bring the above up, because I think you're the one who's missing the sarcasm. If you really think there's any hatred or ****** disregard in Pred's leprechaun comments, you're probably wrong. The first time he stirred that up, I think I remember getting a little pissed. But after that it seemed apparent that not only was he not serious, he was cajoling. And he'll push that leprechaun thing until he pisses another guy like you and me off again. ;) Doesn't matter. It's lighthearted stuff, which IMO is entirely different than what I feel is lame.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
you guys really need some new material to troll w/...totally beneath most of you

But hey...if there is ever a "most pointless/boring thread EVER", this could be in the running. Sooo, you all have that going for you...which is nice

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
nephron said:
James--I bring the above up, because I think you're the one who's missing the sarcasm. If you really think there's any hatred or ****** disregard in Pred's leprechaun comments, you're probably wrong.
UNBELIEVABLE, which thread are you reading??

I have not objected to any comment Pred has made about Leprechauns. I made my own joke about the pot of gold and implied that RC resembles the leprechaun myself. I don't have an issue with leprechaun comparisons and I don't care if he hates RC.

SELECTIVE READING IS CONTAGIOUS!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
that does it, I tried to be nice, but NOOOO...you all had to take it too far. I'm calling out the ACLU and together we WILL stop all leprechaun oppression and acts of leprechaun hate

haters all of you

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
pace said:
Just wait 'til this thread catches the attention of the NAALP..

I knew I was making a mistake by confessing my own bias against Leprechauns, I should have stuck with the 'outrage' angle.

LATER :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom