murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
I was just curious about how many people replace their power valve cables on late model CR 250's. I had mine break last year and recently i found my bike to be way down on power. I mean this bike gave new meaning to the word flat and slow. I changed pipes, jetting , reed tension, had it ported this winter by E.G. and I couldn't get it to run without this huge lag followed by a flat top end. Anyway, I found that i couldn't adjust the cable so there wouldn't be any slack so I just replaced them with new ones and the bike absolutely rips now. I hate the electric power valve and I hope honda scrapped it for 05.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Never had a problem except when the bike was fairly new. They stretched and tightend them up and called it a day. Beef what 05 press release are you talking about.

Erik

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I think it was 2 issues ago of MXA, showed pretty much the same looking bike and said they had re-worked the motor for more torque (again) and said nothing about anything else new, but since the release date has been pushed back by Honda maybe they have changed their minds :ride:

uts

Jan 8, 2004
I think electric power valvers suck. The mechanical ones of the old dirt bikes are way better. Just look at old 2stroke motors compared to new ones and you will see that they are far more hard core

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
murphy's law said:
I was just curious about how many people replace their power valve cables on late model CR 250's. I had mine break last year and recently i found my bike to be way down on power. I mean this bike gave new meaning to the word flat and slow. I changed pipes, jetting , reed tension, had it ported this winter by E.G. and I couldn't get it to run without this huge lag followed by a flat top end. Anyway, I found that i couldn't adjust the cable so there wouldn't be any slack so I just replaced them with new ones and the bike absolutely rips now. I hate the electric power valve and I hope honda scrapped it for 05.

I'm getting ready to put them on my o2 this weekend :cool: . They didn't break (but were severly worn and frayed, I've owned it since it was new), and I did notice a few hiccups in the power delivery even after a topend rebuild, exhaust, intake, jetting etc,,. So we'll see if this $20 investment will help, I'm sure it won't hurt by the look of the fraying of the cables and since they were 3 years old ;)

Top Bottom