RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It sure looks loose to me. It really doesn't matter anyway since once the axle nut is torqued up it ain't going anywhere. Those bolts are only to move the axle for adjustment, not to hold the axle in place.

...or maybe it's some trick factory thing :confused:

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
THe tension on the chain looks real tight to. When my chain is adjusted according to specs in the owners manual it has some droop in it. I don't race MX so maybe things are different with you guys?

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I really doubt that his mechanic leaves anything loose, even if it's not critical. That's why I was asking.

Zorro- I haven't seen a KTM chain adjuster up close or haven't paid attention to it...I'll check it out.

pro2K- The geometry of the new Hondas' rear suspension allows the to run the chains with very little slack. Also he's on the gas already so any slack would be on the bottom run. Also, the rearend is already settled down so most of the slack is taken out.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Originally posted by los36
Zorro- I haven't seen a KTM chain adjuster up close or haven't paid attention to it...I'll check it out.

He was talking about the rim lock nuts on KTMs, not chain adjuster.

henk zorro

Jan 2, 2002
Ansi is right about the nut.
As for the tension of the chain: I think it comes from the way Factory Honda has mounted the upper chain roller, high on the subframe and not on the frame above the footrest...

Top Bottom