Ready Racing Pre-Oiled Air Filters?

ExeterXCSP

Oct 29, 2005
I would like to hear from people who have used these filters to see if they are something I would like to try. I would rather be doing something else when it comes to cleaning and re-oiling my air filter so I'd like to find a filter that I can afford to call disposable. I know that sounds lazy but I earn my living as a mechanic and the last thing I want to do is spend time doing that nasty job. Don't get me wrong, I love working on my bike. I just don't particularly like that job. I'd also like to find a good source for them that has reasonable shipping rates.

Thanks,

Kevin

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
I used them in my KX125. I can't afford to toss another $10 every time I ride, so I bought 2 and then cleaned and re-oiled them each about 1/2 dozen times. They worked alright but eventually started falling apart (fair enough...they're disposable!). I replaced them with 2 Twin Air filters using No Toil and I'm happier. I ride in very dusty conditions and I don't think the Ready Filters gave the same level of protection as Twin Air. For less dusty conditions or races or anytime you need a quick change, I'd use 'em.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Have you tried the Filterskins over the Twin Air? I change the Filterskin every ride and only have to clean the filter a couple of times each season. I use No Toil + Six FilterSkins + Two Twin Air filters. The Filterskins clean up real easy with the No Toil. I have also heard of guys layering the FilterSkins over the filter with pull strings sticking out of the airbox for removing dirty skins while racing. Never tried it though. Just my opinion, but disposable filters just don't seem worth it.

ExeterXCSP

Oct 29, 2005
Thanks for the replies so far. Good points to consider. I talked with a service rep at Rocky Mountain today and apparently they are going to start selling No-Toil filters and they should show up on their website shortly. She said the filter for my KDX will sell for $10.95 each. That sounded like a great price to me and I know they only get $7.00 for shipping per order no matter how much stuff you get and if you spend $100.00 shipping is free. Has anyone tried these filters and if so what was your opinion of their quality.

ExeterXCSP

Oct 29, 2005
Thanks Wildbill for the Filterskins suggestion. To be honest I hadn't even heard of them before. It sounds like a great idea. I just looked at the PC Racing website to check them out. Where do you get yours?

KI4CPE

Mar 14, 2005
I am running the MOOSE filter on my 03 KDX200. The MOOSE filter cleans up nice and seems to be very durable. Shane Dudley

twoofeach

Dec 15, 2004
Ready Racing filters are made in China with cheap foam. Compare apples to apples, not apples to swiss cheese like foam that falls apart and lets your engine suck in dirt and blow up. The Moose filters also have the greaseless superseal air tight base.

Top Bottom