Rear disc brake mounting questions

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
On my kdx250, there is a lot of vertical movement in the caliper. So looking at the situation, there is 2 things that could be the problem. The swingarm or the axle-caliper bracket (holder comp bracket from the kawasaki diagrams, p/n: 43044-1099 )

Basically I was wondering how much play that everyone else has in the rear setup. The bracket is the same as the KDX200s. I have a cotter pin between the swing arm H and that bracket to take up the slack. That is how much I have.

I was thinking of getting the scotts all in one piece sharkfin and bracket hoping that would solve the problem, but I dont know if the bracket or swing arm is worn here. Thanks for any info

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
when that rear assy is installed and torqued i have no play in the bracket.before it's torqued the bracket moves up/dn on the piece the channel part of the bracket slides over on the inside of the swing arm.but once torqued it's all tight and my wheel/rotor runs true through the caliper and my chain/sprockets also true?r u missing something that goes in there?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
sorry not more help,i can't figure how all that being stationary stuff could ware .the axle and bracket doesn't move it would have to b a spacer issue the axle nut squeezes all that tight?good luck

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
same here. But the guy that had it before JB welded a lot of things and did not replace what needed to be done.

I moved the washer to the wheel side instead of the swing arm side and the unit is solid now. See how it goes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom