Rear Fender Tool Packs- whatchyausing?

Bryan Kimsey

Sep 10, 2001
My '96 KDX 200 (used) didn't come with a toolbag and I want one. MSR makes a neat one, but it's $43 compared with Moose's Toolwrap for $24. I've seen the MSR but not the Moose.

Which one should I get?

Thanks!

Bryan Kimsey

Sep 10, 2001
No, no guys....I don't HAVE a rear fender bag. There's 4 holes on the rear fender and nothing else!

I need a bag- wrapping the tools inside such a thing is easy.

FlashBurn

Sep 3, 2001
Tool Bag

The KLX didn't come with a tool bag and the Kawi KDX bag cost 120.00 bucks!Screw that.Most of the bags at the cycle shops were to expensive also.I happened to wander into a camera shop and I found a perfect size camaera bag that fit real nice and fairly low on the fender and it was constructed of really tough nylon material.Best of all it only cost 16.00 dollars and it was far better than anything at the cycle shops.Some of the Walkman CD player bags looked like they might work well also but I couldn't find one that was laid out the way I wanted.Take a look:)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Bryan

I used the Moose bag for about 2 rides and took it off. I have 7 holes in the rear fender now. The Moose was great and held a lot BUT I could not get my butt off the seat for a low hanging branch without hitting the bag. I now have a hydration system with a extra pocket for tools and wear it on the back of my chest protector now. Several people I ride with took the odometer off and use a bicycle wedge pack behind the front number plate. Seems to work great and access to tools is real easy.

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
We use the Moose rear fender bag on all of our enduro bikes with no problems. It is built very tough and has a stap inside to cinch down your tool kit. I got them at cycledepot.com. Worth whatever I paid for them.

Brenda

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
I'm with Mikeb on this one. Ive ridden with fender bags,waist bags, and hydro packs, the latter being the prefered way.With the nicer hydro systems you can also usually hold more than a fender or waist bag.

Bryan Kimsey

Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by TMKDXER
.With the nicer hydro systems you can also usually hold more than a fender or waist bag.

Are you wearing the hydro under or over or w/out a chest protector? I use my standard CB under my chest protector, but dunno about something like a MULE or HAWG....

Plus, I use my KDX as a ranch bike a lot and like having the tools right on the bike at all times- don't always wear my hydro. I like the camera bag idea- I'm certainly capable of making a plastic bottom for the thing...

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Are you wearing the hydro under or over or w/out a chest protector?
Lately I've been going w/o a chest protector, but crashed hard a few days ago and decided to buy a new one and start wearing it full fime. I also use a Camelbak Blowfish. It's got enough room for almost everything I take w/ on rides including my gps.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Bryan .. I personally ride with my Hydro system over the chest protector. Justssems more comfortable that way to me. A lot of my friends ride with it inside the chest protector.

I bought my hydration system at Target ( No name brand) and it has a 72 oz. bladder and 2 large pockets on the outside. Zipper is kinda weak BUT the way I see it I can buy 3 of them for what one Camelback Mule costs. Plus the fact that Camelback contributes large sums of money to the Sierra Groups to keep you and me from riding. I wouldnt wear a Camelback if they were free ! (Well mybe iof they were free but I wouldnt give them a dime.)

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I must be a mule!

I wear a hrdro pack,tried to keep all my tools in it, too many tool I guess cuz the bladder wouldn't fill up, My stock fender bad got holes after 1 month :( so I bought a moose fanny pack. Keeps all my stuff I never need but am afraid to ride with out in . plus my hydro pack can be filled with water and a couple of power bars for long rides. I thought about my cell phone in there but.... I wear my hydro pack outside my chest protector, this keeps the protector against my body. I'm good for a few major get offs a year and need it close to me!! I race this way and seems to work well, once and a while iIcan feel the fanny pack there. I was thinking of getting a new fender bag for just the few things I use a lot, plus I like to keep my scoot looking kinda new.
There's my 2 cents worth :)
Joe
2001 KDX
2001 Yami TTR 125 (Boy"A"s)
1996 Honda XR 80 (BOY"B"s)

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Any body try the Chase Harper bags that are advertised as a replacement for XR's & KDX's? While my stock bag is still intact, I would like to get someything with stronger construction & don't really want to drill any extra holes. Also, is the Moose unit about the same size as stock?

Top Bottom