FLBusa

May 29, 2003
I just installed a Maier MX fender. It just bolted right up. Very high quality and all the holes were pre-drilled. Total install time was 15-20 min's.

I ordered mine from FRP and asked Jeff about the UFO versus the Maier fenders. He informed me that the UFO was for pre '95 models and the Maier was for '95 and newer KDX's.

VaKDX200

Aug 4, 2003
Originally posted by CMcCarthy
I used a 94-98 KX250 rear fender on my 94 KDX. You have to do some cutting near the forward part to get it to fit, and drill new holes. All in all it took about 30 minutes to install using a dremel tool. All of the "modified" areas are hidden by the seat and the mudflap. You can see a pic at :

http://cmccarthy55.home.mchsi.com/kdx/images/P7250013_JPG.jpg

Thanks for the reply on t he rear fender. How much cutting was involved on the KX rear fender on yours? Nice Bike by the way.

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
Honestly, you remove about 20% of the fender. However, it's very east, especially with a dremel. Tin snips fo a fine job of cutting the plastic too, though. The main thing you'll have to remove is the structure that supports the seat on the KX. It just gets in the way of the airbox on the KDX. You'll also have to drill 2 new mounting holes in the fender. No biggie there either. I'm no expert bike guru and it only took me half an hour to do the whole thing.

VaKDX200

Aug 4, 2003
Originally posted by CMcCarthy
Honestly, you remove about 20% of the fender. However, it's very east, especially with a dremel. Tin snips fo a fine job of cutting the plastic too, though. The main thing you'll have to remove is the structure that supports the seat on the KX. It just gets in the way of the airbox on the KDX. You'll also have to drill 2 new mounting holes in the fender. No biggie there either. I'm no expert bike guru and it only took me half an hour to do the whole thing.

Thanks for the info. Think that I will take that route.

Top Bottom