johncx4

Apr 28, 2004
I have an 83 RM250; I am just putting it back together now, so I don’t even know if it will run. But while waiting for the clutch kit and other missing items to come in from BikeBandit I was working on the rear shock. The bladder on the remote cylinder is leaking. I removed the shock and remote cylinder, it was low on oil and it was pretty black. The bladder is in good shape, but it is leaking from the seal around the piston, and that is my question, should the bladder be sealed to the piston (right now it just sits in the groove and can be slipped off)or does it seal from the pressure? Is there something I should put on the bladder like they do tires to make a seal? Thanks for your help?

johncx4

Apr 28, 2004
Ok, I realize that this is a very old bike, and today’s technology is well beyond what I am dealing with here, but someone has to know! Can you ask your cousins friend or maybe the guy your uncle works with. BTW, even the two shops close to my work had no idea so it is really not your fault. I will just clean it up and play with it. Worst case I am out 8 bucks for shock oil! Thanks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom