Rebound clickers on shock

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
If the ass end is kicking up abit and is swapping the rear tire left and right. Do I need to turn the clicker in the + or - direction. I always thought it was + to slow the rebound dampening and - to speed it up, but at this weekends race, I adjusted it more + and it still felt like it was kicking. Turn it more or am I going the wrong direction?

MX823

Nov 8, 2001
clockwise to add dampening and slow it down

counter clock to remove dampening and speed it up

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
yes try decreasing the rebound as it is getting lower each bump and has no travel left to smooth the bumps.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Marcus, I understand what you said.....now, how do I tell if it is kicking from your post, or kicking because it is rebounding too fast....or does my way even happen?

I am not trying to sound like a wise ass. This was going on with my bike this weekend. I thought about both possible causes......and did nothing!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Kicking straight up tends to be too fast rebound-swapping side to side tends to be too slow.Watch Rc ride and he sometimes swappes but he pulls through by holding it wide open.He has a very slow rebound.

As long as you make a note of all clicker settings to start with ,its a good idea to get a feel for incorrect settings-it makes it easier to judge whats wrong.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Somewhat : with too much rebound on front the wheel may not follow the ground or may seem to pull the bars downward when going into a hole or dip . Just wont react fast enough to get ready for the next bump.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…