Red Bud Grass Track Race in October

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
Anybody ever run the annual grass track races at Red Bud in Buchanan, Michigan held every year in October? I never have, but I’m curious as to what the deal is? Is anyone familiar with the race? What’s the terrain like and the format? Is it more like an old-fashioned natural terrain motocross, or is it like a GP with some woods/off-road sections incorporated into the course? How long are the individual races? Thanks in advance for any info.

Steve Metz

Sep 11, 2004
I've been to the grass race.

I have run the grass race. It is a really good time. It is definitely an old-fashioned natural terrain track. The race starts at the normal gate. You go over the ski jump, soon after that the course takes a detour off into the trees and grass. By the end of the day its all dirt. The course can be rough, it is all over natural terrain with the exception of the start. I would recommend it. I was thinking about doing it this year but I am planning on going up to Silver Lake with some friends instead. Mike Laracco and Jeff Stanton usually show up and race. There is also an XR70 race which is cool. Some people dress up in costumes for that race which is funny.

Top Bottom