WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Do you have any regrets about DW........
*Although it may not be possible, I would like to be there the whole time next year.
*Make sure to meet certain people I didnt make a point of hunting down this year.
Besides those, It was not to be missed

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I do:

Not riding cause of an injury.

Not drinking enough beer.

Not getting naked at least twice.

Not camping out.

Not staying there thursday night to steal beer.

Not going from camp to camp introducing myself.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Hey Walt,
Glad you had a good time, It was great to meet you and talk with you about random things... anything to make conversation! :)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I wish I could've stayed the whole time
and had a bike than I didn't have to work on every day. :|

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Not making it at all and having just about everyone chastize me for it :(

No matter where DW03 is I will be there with the Zinger/project bike, wait a sec, I get commissioned in Aug. Could there be a couple of new additions to the Irish stable? Stay tunned :p

Phillip

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Milk
I do:
Not going from camp to camp introducing myself.

Yah man, I feel the same way, I didnt meet near enough people. including you! I saw ya round, but never talked to ya!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
That's OK. Im a moron anyway. You didn't miss much. :)

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Yeah, a few.

I didn't talk to enough folks. (hey time was short)

I backed out on the C race :|

I didn't crash the party every night.

But, I had such a great time, it don't matter. :cool:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I wish I would have ridden more. I came home with gas in the tank and I only had a few sore muscles.

I wish I would have run the hare scrambles, or at least goofed around on the grass track more.

I wish I would have been more social. Still got to meet lots of folks, tho.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by dave186
actually, i think i saw more than enough of ya during the night time poker run!

LMAO!!! :) BTW dave186, you are kinda shy!!

I regret:

Not getting to buy ALL the kids a sno-cone

Not staying up late enough to learn what "Double Pickles, Schmeckle" means

Not telling Vintage Dirt nearly enough that I really appreciated the morning coffee and the chat time

Not riding Agent Orange's kTm380 when he offered. I shoulda! :whiner:

Not getting to say good-bye to SFO and fe_Princess before I left. But I'll see you in a few days and we're gonna go a tear up The City if ya want to!!!!

Not getting to meet Lori, Gomer's wife. I saw this woman with a seemingly boundless amount of energy running around assisting the injured and I just did not get to meet her. NEXT YEAR!!

Not getting over to Eddie and Aimee's camp in time for MXBundy's Chile Verde. :(

Not being able to figure out who the guy on the Honda was who helped me get my bike back up after I twisted my knee on the kiddie track. I looked around for you for the rest of the week, but I can't remember the number on your bike!! Thank you, whoever you are!!

I'm sure there are a lot of regrets like the ones above, but over all I had so much fun and taking pictures with Tony's camera gave me the excuse to meet just about everyone, so that was cool!!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
regrets?... only that I did not participate in the C race.... as I did at DW'00 and DW'01.... (during moto #1 I was busy getting the Women's race ready. But I did film moto #2 and the A/Pro motos).
BTW Milk: thanks for the spare 8mm tape!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Not getting to meet Lori, Gomer's wife.
THAT... is unfortunate. If there is anyone who demonstrates what DirtWeek IS, it's Lori.

motodawg

Sponsoring Member
May 1, 2002
I really went to DW with the idea to meet all these crazy people I had decided to join up with. I wanted to put faces with these unique personalities I have become (strangely) acquainted with in these few short months I've been online. I did get to meet a few, and spent Thursday night dinner with the HS. What a great bunch! I hope to get the opportunity to spend some quality dirt time with the Spodes in the near future. I regret not spending more time with them and meeting more good folks. What I don't regret is that most of my time (when I wasn't exhausted) I spent with my son, usually on the track. Mike rode, and rode, and rode. We burnt nearly 20 gallons of fuel in 3 days. Two tanks for me, the rest for Mike. The attraction of an excellent track and level of competition available was irresistible to him. The intensity of the competition (thekid) and humungus amount of track time made for an unparalleled learning experience. He is faster and smarter for it. For a dad (as all you dads know) there is nothing better than watching your kid step up to the plate. Thanks, Dirtweek Crew! We'll be back!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by justql
I wish I could've stayed the whole time
and had a bike than I didn't have to work on every day. :|
KTM buddy, KTM ;)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Not racing the MX B class.
Missing the MX classes.
Starting the thumper on the 5th kick at the start of the hare scramble.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Not racing "C" or "Bikes with lights" in addition to Women's MX.

Chickening out on the night poker run.

Being too blonde to remember everyone's name.

Not riding as many bikes as were offered to me to try.

Not staying up late enough.

Getting on the plane after a fight with my SO!

Missing most of the MX school because the borrowed bike I was riding would not start. Blonde moment, someone else helped me and it fired right up. I kicked until I was blue in the face.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I've only one (somewhat selfish) regret and that is not getting to stay for the whole week. The sacrifice made someone else very happy though!

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I wish I would have introduced myself to more people. (I'm a pretty quiet guy)

I wish I would have been in better shape! I was so tired by Saturday, I didn't even gear up or start my bike.

I wish I would have stayed OFF the MX track.---> Bent Pro Tapers, bent handguards, and possible bent triple clamp! :whiner:

I wish I would have taken Patman's offer to ride the Montesa.

I wish I would have remembered to grill my pork chops!!! I hauled 10 pounds of pork chops to Oklahoma...and then back to KY. Doh! :o

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by justql
.... and had a bike than I didn't have to work on every day. :|
Welcome to my DW'01 experience Justin. Look on the bright side it's bound to be somebody else next year. :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

I wish I would have remembered to grill my pork chops!!! I hauled 10 pounds of pork chops to Oklahoma...and then back to KY. Doh! :o

Put 'em in the freezer and haul 'em down to LBL, we'll make short work 'o them :p

Phillip

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Patman

Welcome to my DW'01 experience Justin. Look on the bright side it's bound to be somebody else next year. :)

I thought that too! :whiner:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Patman

Yeah, me :(

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
I also regret not meeting alot of people.
I should have rode more as well. I have about a half gallon of gas left. :flame:

But I did enjoy cooking for everyone that came by camp Texas. I cant wait for next year to get here so we can do it all over again. :thumb:

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i regret not streaking thru the tent durring a lul in the live music, the party needed a pickmeup. not moving the party to the big load of wood the last night and torching that whole dang pile. not asking Dr D in person the sponsor the very fast blackhawk (jenny).not dragging milk around camp, tied up, behind the DFA 426. being shy and not meating people.

Top Bottom