riverz

Jun 25, 2003
Well I have suffered a season ending inury so what better way to pass the time then to re-build my bike. Here's what's on order so far...

All black plastics - MX rear
EG 225 kit
Sandblasting the frame and painting it gold
Black rims
White IMS tank
Black and gold gripper seat
Black bush guards and bark busters
New sprockets - bigger front for sure
Finger idle screw - love it CC
Re-valved front end
Stabilizer
Copper rads - already done and love them - half the price of aluminum

Any other suggestions? I have no idea on graphics yet. I currently ride graphics free and I'm somewhat partial to that. I'm pondering a dual headlamp but don't know yet. Why spend all this money on a 93? Cuz I'd otherwise buy a new one and have to spend more money on mods anyhow. Besides it's my first bike so it deserves the love it has given me :)

I'll post some pics during the progress, the bike is already in 3230 pieces on my garage floor.

Riverz

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
Sorry to hear about the injury. I have a question though. Where can you find an IMS fuel tank for a 89-94 KDX 200. Get well quick.
Thanks.

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
About the 225...I've heard the same problem with pre-'94. I'm apprehensive about it. Some people I ride with are just not convinced it's worth it anyhow.

Air box lid was tossed, heavier spring in the back - no kidding stock is soft, dangerously soft.

I had the rads re-made in copper since the left side was crushed in a fall last year. I recommend it if you're replacing a rad.

Renthal bars are already on, a KX500 seat was on it but it's damn ugly as is the hideous purple hand guards.

The rest is stock.

riverz

Jun 25, 2003
The engine i have was completely re-built 2 years ago and only has 40 hours on it.

I will definitely take your advice on the suspension work. It is definitely the weakest link on the bike.

About the 225, I didn't realize that it wasn't available on the '93 but I'm not going to shed a tear, i'll go for the carb mod as well since I'll be saving big coin since I'm not doing the 225.

As for the copper rads - I got them done at A-1 rad in Calgary. 250 CAD a side versus 500 CAD a side for aluminum from KAWI. Alot of rad repair shops do them if there's lots of bikes in your area. Of course the copper rads are alot heavier than the aluminum but you break a copper rad, chances are you can solder it, aluminum and it's @$@ed.

I'm going to have to retro fit alot of the plastic since '93 is a crappy year for aftermarket plastics in black.

Anyone ever used varathane on their frame?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom