derekk87

May 29, 2002
Im wanting to repack the linkage bearings on my yz 125 and was wondering approx. how long it takes most of you if everything thing goes alright. I can for sure work on it 2 hours and evening and most likely more. I just want to be sure i can finish it up before the weekend. Thanks a lot.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I did it on my bike. 2 hours maybe a little more depending on how organized you are. You also don't want to do it too fast because you might drop the bearings and that will add a lot of time to the job.

B

biglou

As long as you don't have any frozen bolts, it should take you 2-3 hours if you are organized and don't have any real problems or totally worn out parts. It helps to have a buddy there to assist with a couple of the operations with the bigger pieces, and if you do have to hammer out a bolt, it helps to have someone hold the bike so it doesn't fall over. Otherwise, you just have to lay it on its side. That said, I did the rear susp. on my brand new 426 in 1:45, but I had just taken apart a 99 400F that gave me some trouble a couple weeks prior, so I had plenty of experience with that particular model. Above all, I would say have patience, be organized, and don't take shortcuts. The faster you want it to be done, the longer it will likely take, adding to any frustration! That's Mr. Murphy hard at work for ya! :)

Top Bottom