Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I'm sure the rest of you changed to a roller bearing, lower chain roller (possibly in some exciting color), as the factory crude bushing looks so jive, is sloppy, and out of round. The maintenance on these replacement units has been a pain as the bearing locks after mud use, and, even after washing, freeing bearing up with WD40, I still find it locked up just from sitting (I've tried Honda chain lube, Tri Flow, and silicone lubes and the thing still will require ChannelLocks to free up). I'm about to bore out the plastic roller and go to a bronze bushing.

BTW, I've tried a few different brands from mail order houses, but they look like they come from the same manufacturer.

Any ideas?

Tamean

~SPONSOR~
Jan 27, 2001
I have about 6 rides (wet and muddy) on my moose top and bottom rollers. They still roll as freely as when installed. Like all bearings, I carefully pulled off the outside seals and added more grease. Since there's 2 bearings per roller, you have to do both sides of the roller so each bearing gets some grease. The moose rollers are 10 times better then stock; no slopp, quiet, and should be maintance free. Problem with them is they're quite expensive: $50 for both. Also, like all rollers they form a ring of muddy, greasy, goop around the plastic from the chain. Overall, it was worth the money on, especially for the riding I do.

Hope this is useful,
Tamean

REDFEVER

Dec 26, 2002
I agree about the Moose rollers. They seem to be great and so are the TM's. I have over 32 bikes in my garages and I use both depending on the bike and what I use them for. Denniskirk.com, rockymountainmc.com, and TMdesignes.com has what you are looking for.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom