Replacement tubes

ericf7

Nov 25, 2002
I just blew out my rear tube!!!!!!!!!!!! Wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a better replacement. Foam tubes, heavy duty tubes, heeavy duty tubes with green slime , etc......... Thanx

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I'm been running Bridgestone heavy duty all season and I don't know what I have to do to puncture them. They're not cheap and they're so thick, it's a pain to get them in the tire and the valve stem through the rim. I've been running 12psi in the rocks and 10psi in the "not so many" rocks.

I use the stock tubes as spares so I don't have to look like a total idiot if I ever have to change one during a race.

Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
I have to agree. The Bridgestone ultra heavy duty tubes are the only way to go. Super thick. I'm guessing, but they've got to be darn close to 1/8" thick or very close. Most on-line soures have them for about 17-18 bucks each.

stinx

Jul 25, 2000
Brdigestone ultra heavy duty tubes are thickest tubes currently being offered. .As a bonus in my are they are not that much more money than moose tubes

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…