shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
I weight about 210lbs. with my gear. I ride a 98 cr250. The bike is way undersprung for me. I bought .44kg/mm springs for the forks and 5.2kg/mm for the shock. I don't race, just alot of dunes and tracks. Should I just put the springs in or should I get them re-valved as well? Any info would be great. Also the bike has .40kg/mm and 4.9kg/mm springs now. The new springs are Eibach.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i would try them first, you might be ok, just remember to add a few clicks of rebound front and rear just to cope witht he stronger springs.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Or lose some weight... :p

Not sayin' you're fat, just built. When you buy elbow gaurds in the largest size you can get and they don't fit past your wrists, that's gotta tell you something... :laugh: J/K :thumb:

Last edited:

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
For someone who weighs only 120lbs wet (w/ gear :laugh: ) you sure think your funny! First trip to St. Anthony will show who's in better shape. Remember the dunes show you how out of shape you really are! :aj:

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
shi!ting, I'll let it slide this time...

Back to the topic at hand...anyone think using a heavier weight oil with the springs will help subdude the addition rebound?

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
Honda says the 98cr250 forks should have 375cc of oil. When I install my new springs should I start with the standard oil level? Also, 5w:7w:10w;. I have heard the average rider can't really tell the difference. Also was told too much oil can cause fork seals to blow out. Is this true? Any info would be great. Ryan. :worship:

Last edited:

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Shifting, I suggest you start out at the 375cc. If you find it is bottoming, add some oil throught the air bleed screws at the tip of the fork. You can safely run 400cc.

As for oil weight, it is a topic of some discussion, but I'd stick with something below 10wt. With the heavier oil you will find that you have to run your clickers lighter in order to get the same ride as with the lighter oil...but, you will also find each click, with the heavier oil, is a great range of adjustment (if that made any sense at all).

Too much oil will hydraulically lock the fork, reducing travel.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom