Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Not that it is terribly relevent, but has ANYONE ever won a national championship on an aluminum framed bike?

No?

I seem to remember that Mac switched to yellow primarily because he did not want to ride aluminum.

The "battleship" posts got me to thinking!

Wasn't Mac riding a '93 frame when Honda switched to aluminum and forced Mac's hand? Just asking-don't really know.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by wfo74
Not that it is terribly relevent, but has ANYONE ever won a national championship on an aluminum framed bike?

No?

I seem to remember that Mac switched to yellow primarily because he did not want to ride aluminum.

The "battleship" posts got me to thinking!

Wasn't Mac riding a '93 frame when Honda switched to aluminum and forced Mac's hand? Just asking-don't really know.

MC switched becuase he didn't like the restrictions in his Honda contract. He wasn't particulary fond of the Aluminum frame, but that wasn't the reason. Championships have been won on Aluminum. Antunez won his first Arenacross title on one, and Stefan Everts and Fred Bolley both have won the 250 World GP title on them.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Hats off to Buddy...corrected I stand.

McGrath was riding an older style CR frame that he disguised as a current model for a couple years. When Honda switched to aluminum, he couldn't disguise it anymore. That much is fact..uh..I think!

There are a million stories in the windy city.......

Top Bottom