Riddle me this carb guys??????

mntnmissle

Apr 29, 2002
O.K. so now I've got the jetting close, but....... Now when I turn the fuel on it runs right out the vent tube. When I straighten the bike up it stops, lean it over on the sidestand it pours out. I must be holding my mouth funny I don't get it?

MARC

May 8, 2002
Here's a couple of possibilities: missing or damaged parts in the float or needle and seat assmebly, float level set way too high. Check: was the seat for the float needle tightend? Was the gasket under the seat for the needle installed? If the float needle has a rubber tip, is it damaged? Is the float needle itself hanging up and not sealing on the seat? Are the floats hung up? Is the small clip that holds the float needle on the float arm installed wrong and causing the needle to hang up or preventing the needle from closing on the seat? Did someone install one of those after market ball-type needle and seat assemblies? If so that may be the problem right there, I've seen them leak like a sieve. l'd go back to origional equipment if you have one of those. One other possibility, I've seen something as simple as holding the carb at the wrong angle or upsidedown when putting it back together cause the floats and or needle to hang up, and when you put it back on the machine it leaks all over the place. In any case, I would be taking a real close look at the floats and or needle and seats as these are about the only things that could be making it slober all over the garage floor. Good Luck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom