70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds like fun BUT: aaron & I both have to work:<( which loop are you riding? little O was fun, I've never ridden white cloud?, how far do you ride it? is'nt just a mccct connector trail?

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
Just curious what you guys think of the little "O" loop? I am planning on riding it Friday (8/16). I have an event that I have to attend that weekend in Baldwin, so I am going over there early to get a ride in. Is it whooped out bad, I've ridden Gladwin a few times this summer and it is almost completely whooped out. Do a lot of quads use this loop? Also is the mileage in the CCC map book (page 2) correct at 28 miles, is the 11 mile connector included in the 28 miles. Hope you guys have a good ride this weekend. Any info. would be helpful.

Thanks
Scott Corbat

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
We're goind to ride White Cloud instead of Little "O", mainly to keep down the extra drive. I'm starting on a new "Toy Barn" on Monday, and will be meeting the excavator Sunday night.

White Cloud is shaped like a lollipop. The trailhead is both MCCCT and ORV, then has a short loop on it. I used to like the trail because it had a lot of real dirt (vs. sand), but it's gotten more popular in the last couple years as a quick jaunt from Grand Rapids. Last time I rode it was last year, and I wasn't impressed. Hopefully it's gotten a little better.

I personally like Little "O". I've seen some 4-wheel traffic on it, but not much. There's some whoop sections, some sand, but also some fast twisties. I think it's 39 miles, not the 28. Seems to me it was further than that even, but I haven't ridden it in over a year.

If you go, park at the lot off of 32nd street, not the one off of M-37. Definately less traffic, and it puts you right on the loop.

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
MWEISSEN,

Thanks for the info. I see that you live in Grand Rapid. I used to live on the west side of the state, and would ride Cedar Creek and Horse Shoe Lake quite often. Cedar Creek got pretty whooped and wide over the time that I rode there. Although it is still close and a good ride. I really liked Horse Shoe Lake, nice dirt (some sand), tight trail, few people, no quads, alot less whoops then Cedar Creek.

Thanks again,
Scott Corbat

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
My son Nathan and I are riding the north loop at Gladwin sunday, it will be his first trail ride. Probably my last ride on the KDX too..he...he...

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Scott,

What's interesting is that I grew up in Midland! In fact, we just stayed there Friday and Saturday at the Ashman Court Merriott. My two boys enjoyed the skate park across the Tridge. When I was in high school, the east trailhead for the CCC trail was my favorite riding area. In the spring, it woud be under a foot or more of water, but that didn't stop the riding!

Horseshoe Lake is still a good place to ride. The Holton loop, which had a section closed, is also a good ride - almost nobody rides it.

Fred, I'm glad Nathan is getting to ride with you. I know Badgerman jr. is looking a lime shade of green at your bike! We should plan a mid-state ride at Leota soon, first part of September?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Mark, Fred, etc.

Hey if you are planning a mid-state ride in September, I'd really like to join in (assuming doc gives sign-off). The only weekends that would work for me however are September 21th or 28th. If either of those also work for you, then great. Otherwise post a ride report (hey, it's a cheap thrill!), and definitively a bike comparsion review Fred once you get some miles on the new bike.

- Bill

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Smit-Dog, I'm up for it. Let's say.... September 21 at Leota. Any takers see the new thread.

Top Bottom