Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'm planning to go up to Gorman/Hungry Valley with my family and some friends for the Easter weekend 4/8-4/12. I know there is a TT group going that weekend as well but I figure the place is big enough for some of us DRNers as well. Anybody else up for it? :thumb:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I won't be able to be there for the whole weekend, but I can make it for a day or two. Keep us posted. Do you know where you will be camping?

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
Ok I will try pretty hard to go, I might be alone no wife but still it will be fun. Where exactly is this place and what typr of ridding? Do I need any special mods to my bike?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
does your bike have a spark arrestor? you will need a one, you can get a sparky, it attach's to the end the the original arrestor or just replace the whole silencer/arrestor, thats what i did but check yours first to see if you need one.it should say US Forestry approved or something like that.

sparky
sparky_sparkarrester.jpg

hungry valley
http://bokasmo.com/pages/ohv/california/hungryvly/index.html
ive been there 2 times and both times was different type riding from trails to goat trails.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Gorman has some great trail riding. If you guys feel brave do the Snowy Trail :ohmy: Definately a tough ride but a fun trail nonetheless. Just make sure you bring lots of water for you and your bike and make sure your clutch is in good shape.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Jr is still a little too young for camping although he's able to sit up without falling over now. I'm patiently waiting for him to be able to walk. Camping will be in order when that happens.

Also, I picked up a cherry 2001 CR250 with a green sticker. Whoo hoo.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'm thinking we may camp at Lower scrub oaks, Maxey or Smith forks Campgrounds but I'll know more a little later. One of my buddies lives about 20 mins. from there so he going to check it out and see which area has room for a good sized group. :thumb:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It looks like it will be Smith forks campground. I'll be up there early Thursday morning. I plan on leaving my house by 3:00am to get there around 7:00am. :thumb:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tree,

Are your buddies going with their families? My son Jake always asks if Nicole is going to be at every ride we go to.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i have a map from last time i was there and it looks like smiths forks campground is just past gold mine road on hungry valley road. the campground looks to be next to the mini track. and if you come from the main entrance/ranger station it will be the 7th campground down.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Yes, Smith's fork campground is next to the mini track that's one of the reasons we plan to camp there so the little ones can play around too.

Scar- yea my buddy Dan and his family, which includes Nicole will be there. He just lives about 20 mins from there.

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
It looks like I will be making this trip. I went thrugh my box of goodies and I have a pipe that is legal. Does anyone know the fastest way from vegas to this place?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
Tripin
right on! good to see you can make it
not sure the quickest way, have you tried mapquest yet??
when are you coming out?? can you make it a 4-5 day trip??

Tripin

Jan 4, 2004
No I havnt tried map quest yet. I was hopping someone knew the way so I dont end up in LA :). I have off thursday -sunday so I could leave wednessday night if need be. When is everyone showing up?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Tripin said:
It looks like I will be making this trip. Does anyone know the fastest way from vegas to this place?

Take 58 west out of Barstow to Mojave, 14 south to 138 west (Ave. D?), 138 west to I-5 north to Gorman offramp.

Left at base of offramp, right after the burger place. >2 miles up road, turn left into HVSRA. Pick up map at visitor's center or kiosk (spark arrester check, registration). Take in spectacular view of poppy carpeted hills.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Be carefull along the #138. Its easy to speed since you dont see a lot of trafic and the CHP is always lying in wait there. Other than that issue that route is the way to go.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tree said:
Yes, Smith's fork campground is next to the mini track that's one of the reasons we plan to camp there so the little ones can play around too.

Scar- yea my buddy Dan and his family, which includes Nicole will be there. He just lives about 20 mins from there.

My son Jake and I will try to come out Saturday for sure and maybe Friday to stay over night. We'll need to head out Sat PM.

Top Bottom