woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds like Cedar Creek is going to get another whooping this weekend! YZMAN says he will be there around 9:30 am.. Fred T. and his son are also coming over and suppose to be at Cedar around 11 ish.. I have to work out of town but am planning on being at Cedar around 2 (earlier if possible). I am planning on showing Fred T. around Horseshoe/Holton during the afternoon. Once we move over to Horseshoe, we will park in the entrance field at Horseshoe Lake. ALL WELCOME TO JOIN US!!!
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Oh man! I may have to have the yard-fix wait another week! I'll try to be there around 10, we'll see ya'll there! :yeehaw:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
See Fred, I told you if we posted this that some other suckers, I mean riders would join us :) Mark, I am glad to hear you are willing to give up your chores so easily, I thought I was the only one who LIVES "in the dog house"!!

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
We have 4 riders meeting at Horse-shoe parking lot on Sunday 3-28 around 11am. Red Dodge p/u, Black Ford p/u, 4 katooms. Hopefully the rain holds back.
- Bret

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsy said:
Sounds like Cedar Creek is going to get another whooping this weekend! YZMAN says he will be there around 9:30 am.. Fred T. and his son are also coming over and suppose to be at Cedar around 11 ish.. I have to work out of town but am planning on being at Cedar around 2 (earlier if possible). I am planning on showing Fred T. around Horseshoe/Holton during the afternoon. Once we move over to Horseshoe, we will park in the entrance field at Horseshoe Lake. ALL WELCOME TO JOIN US!!!
Woodsy

I was gonna ride Horse shoe Sat at 9:30ish. But I am not so sure. Horse shoe is such a train wreck lattely (wooped out baddly) Its almost not fun to ride. Maybe Ceder would be better. Although I was gonna ride Ceder Sunday morning. Decisions...decisions...

Mike were are you thinking of ridding and when?? Ceder @10am?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Bret - Hurray hurray, another 3 day event (Monday is my "normal ride day").. Weather permitting, I may join you guys at Cedar around 11. Good looking gentleman in an old blue GMC van with a Green KDX and a cheap digital camera soon to be replaced (if Mwessien shows up Saturday)..
YZMAN, if you only ride the GOOD stuff at Horseshoe and then cut over to the North side of the Holton Loop it aint that bad!! Do you know where the trail cut off is on the far west side of Horseshoe that drops down toward the Holton loop?? Take that TIGHT section and you will LOVE it!!! Gotta pic and choose!! You still gotta get home early on Saturday/Sunday? You are welcome to join us - I am trying arrive earlier on Saturday....

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Woodsy,

Which sections are the "GOOD stuff at Horseshoe" ?

Where and what do we look for to find the
"trail cut off on the far west side of Horseshoe" ?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Looking 4 an adventure are u? After you unload the bikes at the Horseshoe lot go back out to the main road and cross it onto the trail. when you come to the first Trail intersection stay to the left. Follow this trail section until you come to the next trail intersection (I am talking about TRAIL intersections - NOT road intersections - there are a number of road crossings you will come to..). Take the left side at this 2nd trail intersection - VERY distinguishable because it is VERY tight!! Follow this trail out to the gravel Road.. Turn right on the gravel for about 1 mile, take a right on the pavement @ the stop sign, down the hill (about 1/4 mile) and the top of the Holton Loop will be on your left hand side (there will be a 2 track there but the single trail cuts off IMMEDIATELY to your right.. Stay to the right on the Holton Loop and this will take you thru the West side.. VERY NICE TRAIL!!!!
To loop back to the top of the Holton loop requires a little advanced knowledge of the area , there is a cut across to get back to the North bound Holton of about 1 mile on State land 2 tracks WITHOUT having to cross into the "private areas" that caused the Hoton Loop shut down in the first place....
If you want to just stay on the Horseshoe Loop, at the 2nd turn go right.. You will be riding what we call the "kids loop" because its shorter then the bigger Loop that goes North.. The kids loop is in FAR better shape then the big one!!

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
woodsy said:
Sounds like Cedar Creek is going to get another whooping this weekend!

Hi Guys,
I'm going to try and make there by 10:AM too...

:)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
See ya

Nate and I will be there at 11 AM.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
No parole for marlin this weekend OT 10hrs saturday morning 4:30am start :whiner: Nathan, Aaron and I are looking forward to riding with you and your dad. :thumb:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I know what you mean Marlin.. I am up here too, trying to get stuff caught up so I can sneak one in!!! Gotta pay for the fun somehow :)
Have a good day at work!!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Oooooh, that KDX just LOVES the tight woods! I had so much fun today at (where were we Woodsy? Holton?) in the same kind of stuff that I used to HATE on my XR. This bike and I are going to get along JUST FINE! :aj:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yep

And if anyone needs 1/2 a KTM front fender I have one for you on the back of a stop sign. Help yourself.

I don't think I'll be returning my Rekluse for a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm in love.

If you didn't get to ride today... :moon: It was great, well except if your Andy on the CR 250, that tree really got taught some respect. But alas...dad will be scouring Ebay once again for 2003 CR 250 parts. :laugh: At least Andy is ok.

Damn kids he piles into a tree at 25 MPH and not a scratch, I hit a tree mildly at 10 MPH, break a front fender and mess up my knee. :uh: Cool part was the bike laid on my leg and kept running...putt..putt...putt. Godda love that Rekluse

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Man, sorry we missed y'all. Ian and I made it to Cedar Creek about 1:00pm (along with the whole rest of the dirt riding world!). We rode the south whoop, I mean loop, with Mark and then rode the north whoop............oops...........I MEAN LOOP with Tall1. Nice day to be outdoors despite the crowds and the loops......I mean whoops.:)

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Man...What a day !!!

Well since Woodsy failed to post any pic's, I'll have to do it.
First I rode with three fine guys from the Chicago area. I believe the fellow on the left was named Mike and the smaller guy on the right was Jeremy, and fellow in the middle???? sorry my memory has failed me. Then the last loop I rode with Badgerman (Tim & Ian as I recollect) I had a great time riding with everybody!!! Thanks

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah, sorry we missed you Tim. We rode a 12 mile loop at Cedar and split for holton. We rode a couple loops there. Woodsy said we probably rode 40-45 Miles there so we got 50 miles in today. Many, many woops no matter where you go. Godda get my whoop legs built up I guess. Yeah, I thin half the population of Grand rapids rode Cedar today.

Yeah tall dude! (Everyone is tall compared to me!) Woodsey usually has 20 pictures posted by now, I'm especially fond of the butt shots and the guys with tongues hanging out.

BY the way I never got to get a word in edgewise to introduce my self, I was the short fat guy on the KTM that stole Woosdy from you.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fred T said:
But alas...dad will be scouring Ebay once again for 2003 CR 250 parts. :laugh: At least Andy is ok.

Damn kids he piles into a tree at 25 MPH and not a scratch, I hit a tree mildly at 10 MPH, break a front fender and mess up my knee. :uh: Cool part was the bike laid on my leg and kept running...putt..putt...putt. Godda love that Rekluse

Fred, I hope you'll be on the mend soon. It was good riding with you, although it was an expensive ride. I figure it was about $50 a mile!

I laughed hard when I read the Ebay part. I was there for the past hour, then thought I'd check here!

I had a great ride with Tim and Ian. Thanks for letting me come along!

The only issue I had was one of the meds I now take works like a rev limiter for my heart rate. The result is I'll be just fine, then hit a wall and get really dizzy. Just like today. Great ride, but I hope I don't have that happen all the time now!! I don't want to have to switch to riding quads!

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Looks like good chance of rain, and my buddies have backed out due to rain, so I am not going to make the trek over to Holton today either.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
The report i was looking earlier was stale and I just saw an updated report. We will now give it a go, so should be there by around 11am.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It's still there. I just took it off and stuck it behind the stop sign so "Trail Maint" could rescue it. There were some orange "particles" laying near a tree back down the trail a ways though.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
"A day riding on a whooped-out trail is better than a day spent wiping your 3-year old's butt..." .... or something like that.

Great ride report fellas. Even though we had a decent amount of snow this year, you guys are getting in a lot of riding in March already.

Fred: Me thinks you're faster now with your Rekluse, and the trees are jealously taunting you.

Top Bottom