Ride This Weekend - Marshall Creek - Texas

How bad is it?

Originally posted by cp380sx
Go very early as Marshall Creek is a good place to get killed on the weekend.

Cameron
It's been about 30 years :o since I've been to Marshall Creek. Has it really gotten that bad? I would like to find a place to take my daughter to do some non mx riding and got to wondering about Marshall Creek. Sounds like it may not be the best place to go.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Saturday or Sunday taraker?

Jeff, MC is a great place to ride. The only problem is that there are way too many people there on the weekend. The trails chris-cross over each other and that has lead to a number of collisions. Some recently have been fatal. During the week the place is a ghost town and you can get some good riding in. The soil is excellent sandy loam and sand. I live about 15 minutes south of there in Colleyville so I may try to hook up with ya'll if it is early.

Cameron

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
i mostly ride tracks but once or twice a year we'll do a weekend trail ride. for future reference, where are marshall creek and shady grove?

penguin

N. Texas SP
neither Marshall Creek or Shady Grove are worth a drive form Oklahoma they are OK for locals short on time to go somewhere better IMHO :p

Agreed, I would stop in Muenster coming from OK. It has much better trails to ride. DFW does have a lot of MX tracks to choose from. At least one of which is open for practice during the weekend.

Cameron

penguin

N. Texas SP
There are a lot of mx tracks in the DFW area, I like Village creek, but quit going 2 years ago when I wadded up my KLX and broke my leg after coming up short on a set of doubles and being landed on by another bike :(

Penguin, sorry to hear about that. The tracks around here are not oriented to casual trail bikes. They all are designed with modest SX layouts. I personally, never go near any of the tracks around here with anything but my full tilt MX bike set up with the stiffest suspension I can run.

Cameron