rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
So last Sunday morning I get an email wile at the track from a friend. His cousin had a bad wreck at my local track ( supposedly the engine seized as he was about to go off a jump, the flagger said his bike wasn't running as it approached the jump) Steve ended up breaking his back & is now paralyzed. He was wearing a Leatt. My buddy was the first one too him and he feels we may of had a fatal if it werent for the LEATT. I am hoping that Leatt will study the brace (it was broken up) and make improve it for us. Anyways, the bad part is Steve and his wife had a baby just a few weeks ago. Any help would be appreciated. I know some friends are already planning on making improvements to make his house accessable for him. This is a great community we have, MX & Bike riders :nod:
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/steve-kennedy-fundraiser-at-club-moto.aspx

GarbatyA4

Sep 4, 2008
That's terrible news. I'm sorry for your friend. I'm looking into getting a leatt now for sure. I would like to make a pay pal donation to help support a fellow rider.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Wow!
He Is Very Lucky to Still be Alive.
Not so lucky with his Back though.

I hope They Can Figure out something for him.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thank you all, I have been in contact with his sister about setting up a PayPal account, right now they have been pretty busy between the Baby and Steve.

He has been in 3 different hospitals this week. Right now he has asked all of his friends to give him some space. He is trying to use all his strength for rehabilitation.

For the Leatt, definitely worked I think. My friend who was at the scene said it like this: We could of had a fatal and he can still hold his son :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:
Ricky, can you see if they have an email address setup for paypal donations?
Hi Mike,
We had a ride day today for Steve, I met up with his sister and she is setting something up. I will keep you posted.
Today we had a ride day w all proceeds going to the Family. Had a great time, made plans to help out w the remodeling. When I get home I will post up some pics=)

Thank you guys

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Man, gives me chills. I hate to hear horrible news like this, but I guess the fact he's still alive to see his son grow is the silver lining. Best of luck to your buddy and his family, it sounds like he's got a great support network out there.

Top Bottom